If you are on a diet and you don’t know which juice is best for you, a masticating juicer will help you squeeze every drop of juice in a fruit and you won’t need to buy juice from the store. No matter what juice companies say about their juice, it will never be fully healthy. Making your own juice will give you a healthy feeling and will also help you to lose weight. Most juices are full of sugar and chemicals that may lead to weight gain. Here are a few types of juicers that will help you make fresh and healthy juice from the comfort of your home or office.
- Centrifugal juice extractor – This is the most common type of juicer. They make a pulpy juice that is later on separated into different containers. Most people use this juice extractor to make smoothies. The fast spinning metal blades separate the juice but can produce heat which ruins the heat in the juice. The heat will also oxidize the nutrients, leading to a juice with fewer nutrients.
Its ability to press leafy greens is different from that of a cold press juicer. It also cannot press nuts and makes as much noise as a blender.
- Masticating juicer – This type of juicer is also known as a cold press juicer. It crushes the fruit or vegetable and then squeezes all the juice out of it. They do not produce much heat and thus give you juice which has a higher nutrient content than that from the centrifugal juice extractor.
There are many types of the masticating juicers such as the Omega J8004 nutrition center commercial masticating juicer. The juicer can press nuts and does not make as much noise as the centrifugal extractor.
What to consider before buying a cold press juicer.
- You still need to eat fruit and vegetable. Buying a juicer does not mean that you don’t have to eat fruit and vegetable anymore. It only helps you with juice you need for breakfast or before a workout. Juicing will help you increase the overall intake of nutrients but you also need fiber from fruit and veggies.
- Juicing might stall weight loss. The fact that you are juicing does not mean that you should stop eating a healthy meal or working out. Not taking fiber will make you to feel hungry often and it might make you to eat more.
- Prepare to do a lot of fruit and vegetable shopping. Juicing requires a lot of fruits and vegetables. This means that you will need to go to the store more often than before. You can plant more veggies in your kitchen garden if you have one and this will help cut onthe cost of buying vegetables.
Juicing requires time investment. You will need time to prepare your juice and even more time to clean up after you are done. Buying of fruit and vegetables will also take much of your time. You will also need time to arrange where you store your fruit and vegetables.