It is pretty obvious why people choose Australia as the destination for their adventure holidays. The continent is filled with natural wonders, gorgeous landscapes, and exotic flora and fauna that will leave you breathless and stay with you for a lifetime. One of the locations that seem to attract more and more tourists each year is Cairns, where you will be able to visit the most astounding sites in Australia. Here is a list of the top five most awe-inspiring natural wonders that will give you a sense of what you’ll be seeing when you visit Cairns:
- The Botanic Gardens. This is considered by many people to be a tropical paradise where you can find yourself truly at peace. The beauty of the nature in the Botanic Gardens will excite your sense like never before! The fauna and flora you will find here are impressive from all possible points of view and you are going to be mesmerized by the tropical habitats you get to explore here. Once you get to the Botanic Gardens, make sure not to miss the Rainforest Boardwalk.
- Atherton Tablelands. Since Cairns is known for its tropical wonders and beautiful temperate climate, make sure to visit the Atherton Tablelands for the best possible experience you can have! This is a region where you can choose from long drives and strolls for visiting impressive antique or craft shops or to get the perfect view at the Mt. Mulligan Escarpment. Make sure you visit the Crystal Caves as well.
- Kuranda. Before visiting this lush rainforest, make sure you search for car rental Cairns because it requires a one-day trip. At Kuranda, you can enjoy many waterfalls and local markets while bonding with nature. Visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary where you can take a stroll among koalas and unique butterflies. Experience a rafting session at the Barron Gorge National Park or take a boat at the Rainforestation Nature Park in Kuranda. The possibilities are endless, but time is limited so organize your schedule beforehand.
- The Barron Falls. If you are a fan of coastal sights, you can visit the gorgeous and impressive display of the Barron Falls. Going by foot might not give you the best possible view, but you will have the opportunity to book a plane tour in the area and view the whole Cairns’ coastal plains from above, including the gorgeous falls.
- The Great Barrier Reef. Everyone in the world has heard of the Great Barrier Reef, and once you are there you will understand why. Being the greatest coral reef system in the world, this location is a true natural wonder. You can enjoy a session of whitewater rafting, a snorkeling trip to swim among the fish, a reef cruise, or even a one-day trip to the Green Island. These activities in the Great Barrier Reef will help you relax and forget about all your worries.
All these locations give you a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. A tropical experience will recharge your batteries, so choose from our list of natural wonders to visit and enjoy your dreamy trip!