Traveling with kids is indeed a very enriching experience, as this is a great way to introduce them to new places. They not only enjoy a great learning experience, but also learn to be adaptable and independent. Families love the Philippines for so many reasons. It is vast, diverse, and beautiful, as well as easy to get around. With all the modern comforts, it is hard to ignore those awesome beaches or the yummy seafood. So many people speak English and they are all warm and welcoming.
Accommodation To Fit Your Family
Make advanced bookings to ensure you have ample choices when it comes to lodging and accommodation. This is really important especially when you have small kids. Some of the leading family reports include names like Adriatico Suites, Remington Hotel, Boracay Holiday Resort, San Antonio Resort, and Sampaguita Gardens Resort. These resorts not only carry a good location, but offer a great value option for accommodation.
Clothing And Accessories
Pack based on the weather and your preferences. However, just pack enough to get you through the first few days. One can buy everything else once they arrive in the Philippines since everything is so cheap there. Wear comfortable footwear and one can always buy the flip flops from any department store. It is a good idea to bring one change of clothes with you in your carry-on. It is important to bring sunscreen for infants and to wear a wide-brimmed hat to keep everyone protected from the strong sun.
Plan An Itinerary
Remember to plan your trip keeping in mind your children and what they would like. It sure can be extremely exhausting when you are carrying a baby all the time. So, plan shorter trips and carry lots of water and snacks. Figure out the activities that will allow everyone to join.
Information regarding kid friendly activities and locations is quite confusing and hard to come by. This is made further complicated due to the fact the Philippines is an island country and transfers between each island can be complicated and tiring. One of the simplest solutions is to book a family package to the Philippines through a local travel agent, as they will help make sure you pick the right places and your whole trip runs as smoothly as possible.
Travel Destinations For The Entire Family
There are plenty of holiday destinations in the Philippines that are a popular with the families. However, the following are the real favorites, family friendly, and highly recommended:
- Tagaytay, well known for cool weather and great views, is the perfect place for the whole family. It is packed with kid-friendly attractions and offers the chance to get away from the hustle bustle of the city life.
- Subic has it all, from relaxing beaches and waterfalls to horseback rides. Those places and activities are sure to delight your little ones. They will love the marine-rich Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari.
- Bohol is another popular destination for families and offers a wondrous blend of man-made wonders along with seem historic sites. With unique wildlife and natural spectacles, it makes for a perfect family adventure.
- Baguio is an all-time favorite for families. It is a pure bliss exploring the city and indulge in eye-catching mountain resort views and absorb the historical culture.
- Boracay is a wonderland for your kiddos. They can really have a blast in brilliantly white-lit sands and turquoise seas. They can kite surf, paddle, and stroll in the true tropical atmosphere, as well as enjoy boat rides, parasailing, and helmet diving.
- Puerto Princesa is indeed one of nature’s greatest wonders. Take your family on trip to Baker’s Hill, Mitra’s Ranch, and Butterfly Garden. Explore snorkeling sites and nearby white sand beaches and islands.
- Drive to Laguna, well known as one of the best weekend getaway spots in the Philippines. Children love being in the magical Enchanted Kingdom and Disneyland-like amusement park.
Some Safety Tips
Although Philippines is a very friendly and safe place for the children, one should still take some precautions to keep their kids safe. Avoid getting in a local taxi and do not let the children out of your sight at any time. Avoid getting into any fight with a local and never leave your drinks unattended. As a word of caution, do not go out late at night.