Human beings have been evolving for a long time. The theory of human evolution has charted the growth of a human being into the present bipedal form with the most evolved brain. The genetic structure of human beings has also undergone several major and minor variations. The race of evolution has also eliminated unfit human species from the equation due to competition.
The current studies that deals with the examination of the genetic material present in human beings have started to work on a new area of scientific observation. This particular area has been termed as Nutrigenomics. The idea that forms the base of this branch of scientific study is the influence that nutritional elements present in the everyday diet of human beings have on the genetic material of the humans.
The uniqueness of the human genome for every individual
The genetic material is never the same for two different individuals which means that it is almost impossible to find two persons with exact genetic construction. Even in the case of twins, there are certain somatic dissimilarities. However, as a single species of Homo sapiens, certain genetic similarities help scientists to identify the genetic material as the human genome.
Hence the effect of nutrients and its study is spread out to examine the human populace at large for genetic differences based on nutrient deficiencies. There are several factors that can result in the effect of nutrition on the human body. http://stardust.bio/article/48/nutrigenomics-what-is-it-an-introduction has succinct information regarding this area of scientific study, and one can browse the site for more details.
The illnesses that indicate the linkage between nutrients and the human genome
In the accounted scientific history of human beings, certain aberrations that are seen the point at the pronounced influence of nutrients or the scarcity of certain nutrients. Some of the documented diseases related to blockage of normal nutrient absorption and function include the following examples:
- Irritation caused by lactose ingestion popularly known as lactose intolerance: Some people do not digest lactose which is present in milk. In their case, the digestive system is not able to successfully break down and absorb lactose in the bloodstream. Hence the intake of lactose-containing products leads to irritation and unease.
- Mal-absorption of glucose and galactose: This problem makes it impossible for a person to absorb the simple sugar forms of glucose and galactose after it has been broken down by the process of digestion.
- Hypercholesterolemia: This is a disease which occurs in individuals who don’t have the necessary receptors for removing the LDLs which is known as low-density lipoproteins from the plasma.
- Ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency: In this problem a person lacks an essential enzyme which is involved in ammonia detoxification.
- Hypophosphatemic rickets: The impaired absorption of phosphorus causes this both in the kidneys and the intestines
These illnesses depend not only on the nutrients that are involved in the metabolic processes but also rely upon the frequency of incidence, racialdivisions, medical severity, and manifestation of the disease.