Located in the South-East side of Rajasthan, Ranthambore used to be the best grounds for hunting for the Rajas of Jaipur. Ranthambore is known as the Tiger Reserve of West – India, and this place is the main attraction for thousands of visitors every year. There are numerous things that one can practice here.
While visiting this golden sandy desert, one can spot endangered tigers during the Jungle Safari. The other important sites to be visited in Ranthambore are the World Heritage Site of the Ranthambore Fort, Kachida Valley, Padam Talab, Ranthambore Schools of Art. This article will give you a rundown of some of the things to do in Ranthambore for a better experience of this offbeat tourist destination.
- Jeep Safari in Ranthambore National Park: One of the super important things to include in your Ranthambore tour while booking best Rajasthan tour packages is Jeep Safari. Safari is organised here twice a day, in the morning and afternoon. It feels great when you are travelling in a jeep with your loved ones or family to enjoy the wildlife of the place.
Price of a Jeep Safari for Indians is INR 1,500 per person and for foreigners INR 2,900.
Timings of Safari: 06:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., 02:30 p.m. to 06:00 p.m.
- Ranthambore Fort Hiking: Make your Ranthambore vacation best by hiking the historic fort of Ranthambore, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The same looks indistinguishable by looking towards the fort from a distance, but as you get near the fort, its beautiful architecture is prominently visible.
The serene environment of the fort accompanied by natural riches is a pleasing soul experience. The fort overlooking a lake allows you to detect vultures, soaring eagles and other birds, undoubtedly a good experience for birdwatchers.
- Stroll at Lakarda and Anantpura: Visiting Lakarda and Anantpura in the beautiful city of Ranthambore is another pleasant experience for wildlife enthusiasts.
These places are located in the northwestern regions of the Ranthambore National Park; there are very few places in the park where you can detect the pugmarks of rarely spotted Indian striped Hyenas, Lakarda and Anantpura are included in these few places. One can also spot a large number of porcupines, monkeys, and sloth bears here.
- See the Art at Ranthambore Schools of Art: If you have an artistic flair, then a place not to miss on your visit is the Ranthambore Schools of Art. The best part of this place is a social message of spreading awareness for conserving the threatened species in Ranthambore.
The message of wildlife conservation is showcased with the use of paintings. The artists of this beautiful place are mostly recruited from the nearby places and if you would like to show some support towards the cause then buying some paintings would be a great contribution.
- Birdwatching at Ranthambore: There are many sites in Ranthambore for birdwatching as the topography of the place is very diverse. The rich and varied habitats are home to an excellent population of winged creatures. Some of the prominent birdwatching sites in Ranthambore include Ranthambore Fort, Rajbagh Talao, Malik Talao, and many more.
While visiting these places, you can easily spot the resident and migratory birds of the place. The most famous birds that you can detect here are – Nightjars, Woodpeckers, Indian courser, Painted Spurfowl, Indian skimmer, Indian Gray Hornbills, quails, pipits, larks, Ibis, Finches and prints etc.
- See Kachida Valley: On the roads of Ranthambore National Park, visitors can find Kachida Valley easily. The valley is famous and popular because of panthers and bears that wander here in the picturesque landscape. Low jagged hills surround the valley with flourishing greenery.
Due to the habitable environment, one can also spot a variety of flora and fauna. To have the best perspective of this region, hiring a jeep is a good option. Kachida Valley is the best place to visit for wildlife lovers who also love the breathtaking views of the landscape.
- Hot Air Ballooning: The best thing to do in Ranthambore is suspending in the blue skies and experiencing the flourishing green landscape beneath you. You can have this kind of experience with the hot air balloon safari.
The safari rejuvenates your senses and gives the best view of this surreal city and its famous locations. This thrilling sky ride can be experienced after the monsoon season between mid-September to March. The hot air balloon ride lasts approximately an hour and helps you get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful sites. You can capture the beautiful sight in your camera to save memory.
- Enjoy at Wild Dragon Adventure Park: Spending a day at Wild Dragon Adventure Park could be the most enjoyable thing to do in Ranthambore. Hills and a crystal-clear lake surround the park.
You can enjoy trekking, photography and water sports at Wild Dragon Adventure Park. Among other amusements, the famous ones are Water Zorbing, Sumo Fights, Bumper Boats, Haunted House, Mechanical Bull, Trampoline, ATV rides, and much more.