There is nothing like gathering with family! Especially the ones that we do not get to see as often as we would like. Families today can be spread across the globe and people are busier than ever. Setting aside time for laughing, reminiscing, and catching-up is priceless. More and more families are finding ways to clear their schedules enough for a getaway with relatives. Finding a destination that is agreeable to everyone can be tricky, but it is far from impossible and well worth the effort. Check out some of these fun, family-friendly destination reunion ideas:
- Go to the big city. Choose a city that is centrally located for each member of the family who will be attending. One of biggest selling points of having your family gather in a large metropolitan city is the amount of activities available. There will definitely be something for everyone, from shopping and eating out, to museums and sporting events.
Most big cities will offer sight-seeing tours that highlight the “do not miss” spots! Make sure to plan far enough ahead that you are able to secure a block of hotel rooms so that you can all be together.
- Consider and all-inclusive resort. While this is a pricier option, it may not be as expensive as you think. All-inclusive really means just that! Most will offer breakfast, lunch, dinner, and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), taxes, and tip for one price. You will have the use of pools, spas, exercise equipment, and, of course, the beach.
Some resorts even have special activities designed just for the kids, including pre-teens and teens. Pizza parties and DJ’s? You will not have to worry about the kids complaining that they are bored. Beaches resorts have many great destinations for you to look into.
- Get your camping on. Admittedly, camping is not for everyone, but if your family tends to be a little more adventurous, roughing it together can be a lot of fun. There are many campgrounds that offer various accommodations to suit almost anyone, from the hardcore tent dwellers, to cabins, and even provide electric hook-ups for high-tech RV’s.
- Set out for the shore. A beach house is the ultimate family reunion destination. Beach homes can accommodate a large number of family members and can cut down on the cost of food because they have kitchens. Families can take turns being responsible for the evening meal and split the cost of groceries.
Many vacation homes will have private pools and will also be within walking distance of the beach. Popular locations for beachy family reunions include places such as Daytona Beach or Destin, Florida, Cape May in New Jersey, or OBX rentals in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Cruise together. Cruises are one of the most popular activities for families to enjoy together. The activities are seemingly endless! Staterooms can usually accommodate one whole family unit and the food is all-you-can eat. Choosing a shorter voyage will keep costs under control and may make it easier for as many family members to join as possible.
Royal Caribbean even has a program specially designed for family reunions, called Royal Reunions. It offers gifts and activities just for the families attending the reunion.
No matter what you choose to do, the important thing is the time you spend together, strengthening your family bonds and enjoying each other’s company!