What Are Driveway Pavers?
Driveway pavers are specialized stones that are used for your driveway. They come in different shapes and sizes and can make your driveway look very unique. They are better for your driveway than concrete, because if concrete breaks or cracks, you will have to replace the whole driveway. If a paver breaks, you can just replace the one paver.
There are different ways to design your driveway to make it look better and have better curb appeal for your home. A beautiful driveway paver is the way to go if you really want to stand out. They can be laid in many different patterns so even if your neighbor has the same paver, you could have a different design.
This article will share a few different driveway paver designs that you could use. If you do not like any of these, they could possibly give you an idea of what to do for your driveway. You could also do some research to find a pattern and a paver that you really like.
Different Driveway Paver Designs
- Permeable Pavers – Permeable pavers are pavers that allow water to pass through them so that it can seep into the ground naturally. They are designed so that they filter out solids and pollutants so that they do not enter the water system. This is great for homeowners who are ecologically focused and for anyone who just wants to help the environment in a small way.
- Rustic Farmhouse – These pavers have the look of cobblestone, but they are larger. They come is four different earthtone colors that are rustic in nature. These bricks are great for rustic homes and log cabins and can be made with a permeable layer so that they act like the permeable pavers listed above.
- Diamond Smooth – This driveway brick will add sparkle to your yard because it gives a kaleidoscope effect. This brick is designed to be an eye-catcher and can be laid down in different designs. You can lay these bricks in a linear pattern or a cube design to have people envying your driveway. Look here to see images of the diamond smooth look for these pavers: https://www.decorpad.com/search/diamond-pattern-pool-pavers. They are available in six colors so that they can match any modern home design.
- The Sleek Design – Do you want a minimalist look that will catch the eye of every passerby? Try the Sleek design that has sleek textures and uniformity. It has the hard edges with clean lines and is very minimalistic looking. These are larger, smoother design that amplifies your driveway without overdoing it. It looks similar to a large subway tile and if you lay it that way, it is simply beautiful.
- Traditional Looks – If you have a more traditional home, you might want a more traditional driveway paver that sets off your home. These are the pavers that will somehow remind you of home – even if you have never had a home like this. They come in a variety of colors to enhance any home, traditional or not.
- Euro-Chic Villaggio Paver – Think about the European streets of long ago, and you will know what these pavers look like. They bring you back to a bygone era where the cobblestone streets were everywhere. These are concrete pavers that are made to look like the cobblestones of old Europe. Your driveway will look like an old country road in old England. They are available in eight different colors and are made to withstand the harsh climates that are always freezing and thawing.
- Herringbone – This is a timeless pattern that looks great in any home – and in any driveway. You can bring the indoors outside to copy your herringbone floors, or you can design your driveway with this pattern without having it inside. The flair of this design will brighten up any driveway and set you apart from the other homes in the neighborhood.
- Mika – Brick Inspired Paver – These pavers are made to have the traditional, classic, timeless feel of brick without having the fragility of brick. If you have a brick home, would not it be wonderful to have a brick driveway, as well? These pavers come in many colors that will match just about any brick home. You will love the curb appeal this look has for your home.
Choosing The Right Paver For Your Driveway
There are several things that you have to take into consideration before you buy pavers for your driveway. These things are important if you want your driveway to look good and last a long time. See below for the factors that you should think of before installing the pavers.
- Size Of Your Project – You need to see how many feet, or yards, your driveway will be. Do you want the pavers to go along the whole size of your driveway? Or do you want to do the front half of it and do some other material for the rest? This is one of the considerations that you need to think about. You could also trim a concrete drive with one of the pavers listed above, and that could create another unique look.
- Cost – Some of these pavers are more expensive than others, and you will want to keep that in mind, as well. You need to consider how much money you have in your budget and go from there. If you want a true brick look, but don’t have the money for it, you might look for a less expensive alternative. See here for some typical costs of driveway pavers. Keep your budget in mind when you are looking for the pavers for your drive.
- Maintenance And Durability – Another thing to consider is the maintenance and durability of the bricks that you want to cover your drive. Do you want to have to maintain your drive once or twice a year, or more often than that? You will need to think about the permeable pavers that allow grass to grow between the bricks – that will take weekly care because you will need to trim that grass.
- Aesthetics – You can match your drive with your home and have the pavers match the brick of your home completely. Or you could do the opposite and have the bricks make your home stand out. You will want to take the cues from your home to make it look as if what you did was intentional.
- Weathering and Erosion – True cobblestones might be the best in most climates, but they can be hard to shovel in the winter. Bricks can be easier to shovel, but they may crack and break in harsh weather. Pavers are good for any weather, but they may come loose when you are shoveling them in the winter. These are other things to take into consideration before you build your driveway.
There are many types of pavers to consider today – they are all beautiful and can be good for any home. You could match them to your home so that they look exactly like it, or you could do a contrasting brick to make your home stand out more. Whatever you choose, it will be just the right option for your home.