Planning for a vacation might be a tedious process for those who do not enjoy determining where to stay, what to bring, or which transportation to use. Each mode of transportation — planes, buses, or cars — will get you to your desired destination and will entail a unique way of packing. Since tour bus excursions are becoming more popular, you need to pack all the essentials and include that in your planning.
When going on your favorite New York City bus tour for example, there will be some planned dinner and lunch stops. The tour buses usually make advance reservations, so that all passengers can fit inside an establishment. In some cases, a menu is prepared in advance to increase your food options. Nevertheless, you should bring some snacks in case your energy levels need to be spiked in between meals. Here are some snacks you should bring with you:
- Healthy foods: fruit and vegetable chunks are great travel snacks, such as apples, oranges, dried fruit, and plums. A bag of nuts and granola bars are other healthy alternatives you should consider.
- Hearty foods: you can pack your favorite foods in tupperware containers for your trip. Choose a meal that is good cold and does not require refrigeration.
- Fun foods: since you are going on vacation, have your favorite snacks and candy. If you choose fun food, you should probably bring extra, because you will feel compelled to share.
In Your Travel Bag
When packing your clothes and other essentials, try to think of the weather elements and pack rainwear in case of unexpected downpours. Comfortable shoes are a necessity since you will be doing a lot of walking while sightseeing. Do not forget about the travel toiletries, but pack only the esseantials.
Comfort on the Bus
Most tour buses are comfortable, thanks to their increasing popularity. If you have the money, you can travel in the most luxurious tour bus you want. With plush seats that are easy to adjust; you will have a number of seating possibilities at your disposal. To improve your experience further, consider bringing the following items with you:
- Comfy clothes: stiff and tight clothes with buttons will make you feel uncomfortable during long trips. You need to strike a balance between comfort and style when choosing travel clothes. Heels and heavy shoes should also stay inside your suitcase until you get to your destination. Modern buses also have great climate controls, so you should dress in layers to prevent discomfort.
- Pillows: you would benefit greatly by bringing your own pillow to the tour bus. If you have back and neck issues, opt for neck pillows that offer support whenever you lean your head back. You can also buy a pillow to lean into if you want to be more comfortable. After several hundred miles, you will be glad you remembered to bring your pillows.
Bus Trip Entertainment
If you choose a good bus, there will probably be movie screens for your entertainment. To enhance and tailor your entertainment, think about bringing the following items with you:
- Books and magazines: some reading material will make your ride more interesting. Just bring the books you have not had a chance to finish, as well as some noise cancelling headphones to filter out the noise.
- Smartphones and laptops: consider downloading a few movies in advance to make your trip more enjoyable. If the bus has free Wi-Fi, you can also live stream your favorite TV shows or listen to some audio books. Always remember to bring your charger.
- Binoculars: some travelers like to bring small binoculars to zero in on the surrounding scenery.
- Games and puzzles: if you like to play games such as Sudoku and crosswords, bring them with you. If you like playing cards, bring a deck with you and get your seat mate to play with you.