With kids being the curious little angels that they always are, you should be extra careful when it comes to choosing the next toys for them. As a parent, my guess is that you have already realized that kids will pick anything and everything they see. And because their first reaction when they pick things up is to put them in the mouth, you should be careful about the things around your child. “If truth be told, wooden toys and puzzles have become the most popular toys for babies these days compared to toys made of plastic or any other synthetic materials, and this is why:”
This is also applicable when it comes to choosing toys for your kids. If truth be told, wooden toys have become the most popular toys for babies these days compared to toys made of plastic or any other synthetic materials, and this is why:
- Eco-friendly – Owing to the fact that kids are sensitive, it would be best that you find the most environmentally safe toys for them. Fortunately, wooden toys are the most eco-friendly toys that you could ever get for your little one. So, if you are concerned about your child’s safety, especially during play time, then wooden toys are what you should be looking for.
- Durable – Kids will pick and drop their toys anytime and anywhere. At times, they will throw them across the room or even smash them on the floor. That said, wooden toys are a good choice because as we all know, wood is a durable material and is less likely to be destroyed.
- Wooden toys encourage creativity – As much as folks see wooden toys as traditional toys, they are some of the best toys to encourage creativity in children as opposed to when you expose your child to technology. For example, wooden puzzles will help your child develop his or her own skills, be creative and have fun as they forge their own personality.
- Wooden toys are all-time toys – Have you ever been woken up by a flashing light from your child’s toy? Wooden toys are the best choice as they are calming and quiet. Your child can play with his or her wooden toys anytime of the day without you being perturbed.
- Wooden toys bring good value for money – Although wooden toys might cost you more than plastic or any other toys in the market, they offer some good value for money as they are strong, durable and also beautiful. And because they are timeless, when your child outgrows the toys, you can pass them down to younger relatives or friends.
- Wooden toys are beautiful – Let us face it; wood is timeless and it also a stunning material for toys. And even if your child is not old enough to grab a toy, his or her wooden toys would look good on the bedroom shelf.
As a final point, the type or size of toys you buy should depend on the child’s age. Do not buy big toys for a toddler who cannot even lift the toy. The toys should be lightweight so that your baby can pick them up and/or move around with them with ease.