Do you have an upcoming kid’s party? Are you wondering how you will keep all those kids entertained for several hours? Then you should definitely consider hiring entertainers for your party. In addition to good food and great friends, those kids will be looking to have a great time. With a professional entertainer, you can be sure that they will. Here are some tips for selecting and hiring a great entertainer for your child’s party:
- Begin by speaking to family and friends and finding out where they have sourced their party entertainment over the years. You should also ask them for other ideas of how to keep the kids entertained. If someone you trust, who has kids the same age as yours offers you a recommendation that is a good lead to follow up.
- You should always consider the size of your party venue when hiring entertainment. You need to find out how much space is required for the show so that you can pick a great venue for it. This also allows you to arrange furniture so that all the kids can see and enjoy the show. If you want to go a step further, consider creating a great backdrop for the show.
- A good entertainer will want to arrive about 30 minutes into the party at the least. This way, you will have settled the kids and latecomers will have time to get there as well. If for one reason or another the entertainment is at the very beginning of the kid’s party, alert the parents so that they bring their kids to the party in good time.
- It is important that you serve the food before the show or after it is done. This will help avoid spills and will also minimize distractions that could lead to choking as the kids will likely be laughing and interacting with the kids party entertainers.
- The children do better when seated on the floor. If you have enough space, you can have couches or chairs. But if space is limited, move the furniture to the back and have the kids sit in a group down on the floor.
- Select an appropriate entertainer depending on the age and interests of the child. Some of the available selections include wizards, princesses, fairies, superheroes, pirates, magicians and clowns.
- Entertainment packages are usually offered based on the client’s budget. Go for what you can afford and be sure that your child and his or her friends will have a great time. For convenience, most entertainment companies allow you to select your package online and book directly as well. It is important to book your entertainment early enough to avoid disappointment.
- Read the contract before signing and be sure to review the fine print as well. If you have any questions, it is important to ask those upfront as well. Find out if there are any restrictions to be taken into consideration and be sure to ask for advice or tips on how you can make the show absolutely fantastic!