It is essential to get the general knowledge about these gadgets that you use daily in the office. Most people, especially ladies, do not know anything about copiers or even the specs they have. The problem comes in when you want to purchase a better one but your limited knowledge hinders you because you can’t tell the difference between what you have and what you want.
There could even be features that you have never used on that copier thinking that it can only do so little only to learn from an expert that it can actually carry out a full office job on its own. Little knowledge is dangerous, they say. Learn something new about copiers here.
The market is now flooded with newly designed copiers like copiers Houston that use xerography technology, which is a dry process that uses heat fusion to produce copies. The most common copy machines on the market today include a wide range of digital features that you need to know so that you can make the best choice depending on your needs.
Different types of copiers common in the market today
- Mono copiers – These are copiers that only use black toner to carry out any task. These machines come in different sizes. There are also some that have very low speed while others have a very high volume that can produce more than 100 pages per minute.
- Color copiers – Just as the name suggests, these copiers produces colored copies as they use colored toner as well as black toner. Color copiers are mostly used for business purposes. They come with four drums of toner cartridges that contain primary colors; yellow, magenta, black, and cyan. When these colors are mixed during the copying process, all the other colors can be created.
- Network copiers – These copiers are high tech when it comes to technology because they are connected to the office network to allow remote printing, PC faxing as well as scan functionality. These network copiers can either come with a built-in network card or it may be available separately.
- Multifunctional copiers – These copiers perform several tasks other than just copying; printing, scanning, faxing, and copying. The latest model of this copier comes with the ability to connect to the internet. It therefore connects to the office network to send files to different locations with the command functionalities of scan to folder. It also scans emails, scans WSD, FTP and scans to the USB. This copier can also print from portable devices like laptops using a USB or a wireless connection. They also come with a cool option of document finishing options like the booklet folding with saddle stitch as well as stapling.
- Desktop copiers– Desktop copiers are designed to use only A4 or smaller sizes of paper. They are models of small copiers or the multi-functional copiers that are designed to sit on the desk. They can perform their tasks just like a multifunctional copier does.