It is a well known fact that pores get clogged even if it repeatedly cleaned. However, with proper and timely skin care routine, it is very much possible to reduce significantly clogged pores. If pores get clogged and left uncleaned for a long time, especially enlarged pores, then it can lead to several types of skin problems. Clogging can be due to dead skin cells, dirt and oil residues, all of which need to be removed periodically. Otherwise, the pores get stretched, thus making them visible on the face. But cleaning them will leave the skin smooth and more refined.
Steps to follow to ensure nice skin complexion
- Remove sunscreen/makeup: Sunscreens, tinted moisturizers and BB creams usually are sweat and water resistant. So with normal face wash, they can be difficult to remove. Gentle oil based make-up removers are to be used for the purpose. But to remove waterproof make-ups, cleansing oils should not be used. But they can lift up effectively oil residues including impurities present on the pores. Cotton pads are to be avoided for oil cleansers. Rather, fingers are to be used to massage gently the face thoroughly using oil makeup remover and to rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Wash face: The more noticeable and enlarged pores are clogged with oil, dirt, grime and grit. Hence, the daily regimen should include washing the face every now and then. Gentle cleanser is to be used for sensitive skin and for oily skin use foam cleaners. Again for dry skin use non-foaming/oil cleansers, while for skin with acnes, use anti-bacterial cleansers.
- Steam face to open pores: Use quality face steamer.
- Exfoliate skin: Once the pores start to
open up, it is time to eliminate the dead skin cells, oil residues and stubborn
impurities. Weekly and daily exfoliating methods are to be practiced for better
- Facial brushing: It is to be practiced daily to open up the skin pores. It is effective to boost blood circulation, eliminate dead skin cells, enhance lymphatic drainage as well as eliminate toxins. Dry skin brushing or face cleanse can be used. Face brush it come with firm, soft bristles.
- Facial scrubs: They contain beads/micro particles in cream and gel form and eliminate impurities and dead skin cells. It also enhances skin care penetration application to skin.
- Deep-cleansing face mask: They can be found of several types catering to varying needs. Deep cleansing mask is to be performed frequently for effective pore cleansing. Homemade ones area also efficient and also cheap on the pocket. One can try out activated charcoal face wash for better and enhanced results as it draws out toxins and impurities from the skin.
- Splash using cold water: This is the final stage and cold water needs to be splashed on the face. Ice cubes can also be used to shrink in size the large pores. This is stated to be an instant remedy prior to using makeup.
Following the above regime will help the person to appear beautiful and have glowing, smooth and supple skin.