If you still have not visited Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, in India, you are indeed missing out on something. The fast-paced metropolitan city is sure to surprise you pleasantly with its diverse neighborhoods and urban villages. As the gatekeeper of the keeper of artistic, religious, and culinary traditions of South India, a trip here is sure to transport you to another planet.
Take advantage of cheaper Dubai to Chennai Flight booking offers and plan a trip today to this magnificent city with your family:
Chennai is well known for its historical background, famous temples, intriguing Cathedrals, and outstanding beaches. There are very few cities where you can enjoy a lot and explore so many different options. Emirates airlines offer special flights to the amazing city from major destinations across the world. Here are some great options for families to see and explore while in Chennai.
- Queens Land: Your family is sure to love those panoramic views on a cable car and roller-coaster rides in this amusement park that is spread across 70 acres. It is a major attraction for the locals as well as tourists, and there is plenty of fine food and beverage outlets within the park.
- Ubbalamadugu Falls: The magnificent falls are located in the Chittoor district, and are also known as Tada Falls by locals. You will find the beautiful sight of these falls within the dense forest of Kaambakam and surrounded by hillocks and greenery. You can plan a picnic here or enjoy trekking and hiking with your family.
- Church of Our Lady of Expectations: A group of Portuguese built this church after the death of Saint Thomas. It is named as the Church of Our Lady of Expectations, and there is a widespread belief that Saint Thomas carved this cross using his nails. The church is believed to have miraculous powers.
- Marina Beach: Marina Beach is one of the most popular beaches of Chennai and enjoys popularity among both tourists and locals. This is the second-longest natural beach in the world, and you will find children and people flying kites, playing cricket, or simply enjoying the beach. Swimming is forbidden at this beach because of the strong undercurrents.
- Parasailing: Try out this exciting activity of parasailing and soar up high in the sky and feel like a free bird. View the splendidness of nature and amazing views from high above as you rise high slowly and steadily. This is indeed going to be a thrilling experience for your whole family.
- MGM Dizzee World: Another favorite spot among kids, is the MGM Dizzee World as it is here, they get to meet all the popular characters like Humpty Dumpty and Pumpkins. MGM offers an exciting and thrilling experience for everyone with thrilling rides and unique snow valley experience.
- Go for Boating: Your children are sure to love the boating experience as they find themselves surrounded by the tranquil waters. Enjoy the sheer bliss and tranquility of those enjoyable moments with friends and family. You can hire a boat cruise and plan special meals as you immerse yourself in the magical aura of boating.