A seaport city in North Carolina, Wilmington is known for its historic province, the city is also a center for regaling, shopping, entertainment, and the arts. The city is Not as famous among tourists as its southern sister cities of Charleston and Savannah but is definitely flourishing to be a leading tourist destination for families as well as a romantic getaway.
Book your tickets now with Allegiant airlines official site Reservations with your travel partners along and set off your expedition to this captivating destination.
WHEN AND HOW TO PLAN –
Plan your visit between March and May when the weather is moderate and hotels and sites aren’t overcrowded. Book with Allegiant Airlines Reservations and don’t forget to look for the deals the airlines are offering and what else? You’re good to go!!
WHERE TO STAY-
Downtown is thronged with many of the appeals along with some fine restaurants as well as varied ranging hotels. Still, have a doubt over where to stay? Definitely not!! Look for hotels in the neighborhood or go through the list of hotels listed below and find any motel according to your comfort-
- Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
- Sleep Inn
- SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
- Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
- Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District.
THINGS TO DO –
- BATTLESHIP NORTH CAROLINA – The city’s most attention-grabbing allure, Battleship North Carolina was the first battleship in World War II. It was Charged in 1941 and is now open to tour for the general public. The ship boasts photographs, artifacts as well as taped oral histories. The visitors are also allowed to climb into the sailors’ bunks, go into the gigantic engine room. The ship also hosts various recreational activities and various happenings attracting tourists from various destinations across the world.
- THE RIVERWALK – A stroll along the Riverwalk bordering the Cape Fear River is one of the favorite things of locals as well as foreigners. This immense passage is home to historic constructions, shopping, dining, and art outlets. Boat tours of the river are also available and the alley hosts some of the other festivities throughout the year that makes the place vibrant and one of its own kind.
- CAPE FEAR & BRUNSWICK ISLANDS BEACHES – A few miles from Wilmington, 10 beaches are found at the mouth of the Cape Fear River providing alternatives for swimming, surfing, fishing, and kayaking. Carolina Beach, Kure Beach Fort, and Fisher State Recreation Area, and Historic Site are the major attractions among all.
- CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF WILMINGTON – The Children’s Museum of Wilmington, designed for children up to age 10, is an incredible place to be visited with your children, and arduous to take them away!!! The museum boasts a ship, dig for treasure, an art studio, and a sea cave proposing resorts for drawing, painting, art, weaving, and supplementary creations. The play area is a pile of amusement for your bundle of joy, watch them giggle as they play in the Tree House or shop at the stores.
The city indeed has a lot to offer to people of every age group be it your toddler set or your elderly parents, or wait, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, the city has everything to offer!!
Hurry up, travelers! Book your tickets now with Allegiant Airlines Reservations before the city gets jammed with tourists.