There are several ways to use your car to make some extra money. You could, for example, offer taxi services or deliver goods for businesses. If you have more time on your hands, you could start your own car-based business. We share some tips and ideas to help you get started on making some extra cash from your car.
Rent your car out for extra cash
If you’re not using your car all the time, why not rent it out and make some extra cash? Several companies offer car rental services, so you must sign up and list your car. You can set your rates and choose when and where you want to rent your car out.
Offer taxi services
Another way to make money with your car is by offering taxi services. You could work for a local taxi company or start your own business. Either way, you’ll need to get a license from your local authorities. Once you have that, you can start picking up fares and earning money.
Become an Uber or Lyft driver
If you want to be your own boss and make money with your car, becoming an Uber or Lyft driver is a great option. You can use your own car and set your own hours. Plus, you can choose where you want to drive. Uber and Lyft are both available in many cities worldwide. This is an excellent way to make some travel money if you’re a digital nomad with an international driver’s license—so sign up and start driving.
How to sign up as an Uber driver?
The process is relatively simple if you’re interested in becoming an Uber driver. First, you’ll need to meet Uber’s minimum requirements, which include having a valid driver’s license and being at least 21 years old. Next, sign up for an account on the Uber website or through the mobile app. Once done, you’ll be asked to provide basic information about yourself and your vehicle. After that, you’ll need to undergo a background check and have your vehicle inspected by Uber. Once all of these steps have been completed, you’ll be ready to start driving for Uber!
How to sign up as a Lyft driver?
If you’re interested in becoming a Lyft driver, the process is actually pretty simple. However, you must meet a few basic requirements and sign up through the Lyft website. Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need to do:
- You must prove you have a valid driver’s license and insurance. You’ll have to upload a valid copy of your driver’s license and proof of insurance when you sign up.
- Be over the minimum age requirement in your state. In most states, you must be at least 21 years old to drive for Lyft.
- Have a clean driving record. Lyft will run a background check when you sign up, so make sure there are no red flags on your record.
- Own or lease a car that meets Lyft’s vehicle requirements. You will find a list of all eligible vehicles on the Lyft website.
- Download the Lyft app and sign up through the app or the website. Once you’ve completed all of the above steps, simply open the Lyft app or visit the sign-up page on the Lyft website and enter your personal information. You’ll also need to submit your insurance info and driver’s license number.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to start giving rides and earning money right away! And that’s all there is to it! The process for becoming a Lyft driver is pretty straightforward and easy to follow. Just make sure you meet all of the requirements and then sign up through the app or website.
Deliver goods for businesses
Delivering goods for businesses is an excellent option if you’re looking for a steady gig. You can work for a local company or sign up with a delivery service like Amazon Flex. The new Amazon Flex app may be just what you’re looking for. With this app, signing up to deliver packages for Amazon and earning money delivering packages for the online retailer is quick and easy.
Best of all, you can set your hours. But how does the Amazon flex app work? You can look closely at the Amazon flex app guide for drivers. Once you’re all set, you can start picking up deliveries and earning money.
Start your own car-based business
If you’re entrepreneurial and have an excellent idea for a car-based business, why not give it a try? You can start all sorts of businesses, from car detailing to roadside assistance. All you need is a little creativity and some business acumen. If you succeed, you could make a lot of extra money with your car.
Go bigger: Start a car rental business
If you’re interested in starting your own car rental business, there are a few things you need to do. Step one is finding a good location. You’ll also need to acquire a more extensive fleet of vehicles and get all the necessary insurance. Finally, you’ll need to market your business and start attracting customers.
If you’re up for the challenge, starting a car rental business can be a great way to earn extra income with your car. Do thorough research and plan carefully before getting started. This can quickly become a very large endeveour—both physically and financially—so ensure you understand what it will take to become successful first.
Other ways to make money from your car
- Be a chauffeur. You can drive people around for special occasions or events.
- Give tours of your city. If you live in a trendy tourist destination, you can give tours of the city in your car.
- Drive for a food delivery service. You can sign up with a food delivery service like Uber Eats or DoorDash and deliver food to customers.
These are just a few ideas for making money with your car. If you have some free time, there are plenty of ways to put it to good use and make some extra cash. So get out there and start earning!