Arranging a tea party at home is a delightful experience. Close friends, pretty decorations, and lots of tasty food – what’s not to love? Plus, you don’t need a reason to host a high tea at home. You can invite your friends for a “What’s Hot?” session or celebrate a special occasion; there really are no limitations!
If it is your first experience as the host, you might be feeling slightly lost. What to cook? How do you decorate the spread? Where to start?
Lucky for you, we are here with some tips and recipes to help you host a tea party that’ll make you a hit among your friends, neighbors, and anyone else you’ve invited!
No-Fail Tea Party Recipes
There’s a lot to do other than just serving hot beverages at a tea party. Tea parties are all about bite-sized food that you can enjoy over a perfect cup of tea. You don’t have to pick between savory and sweet. Add a little of everything and watch your squad enjoy every bite. Here are some recipes that won’t disappoint.
The same irresistible cinnamon roll flavor minus the work – aren’t you already impressed? This recipe will become your go-to in a blink. It’s ready to go on the table in 45 minutes, but it looks like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen.
Here’s how to make a yummy cinnamon roll cake in seven simple steps:
- As with all baking recipes, start by heating the oven to 350 degrees. Also, spray a non-stick spray on your 9×13 pan.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix together melted butter, flour, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Prepare your topping by mixing melted butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into the pan and generously layer it with the topping.
- Make swirls with a knife and bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, prepare your glaze by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Take the cake out of the oven and drizzle the glaze on top while it’s still warm.
You will surely thank us for this one. Mini-quiches are delicious and easy to make. The best part? You can prepare everything in advance and pop them in the oven when you’re ready to serve. Oh, and did we mention they look so pretty on the table – absolutely Instagram-worthy!
Here’s what you have to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out some store-bought puff pastry and cut it into circles. Place them in a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs (at room temperature), milk, salt, pepper, cheese, and any fillings you like (bacon, spinach, or mushrooms work great).
- Pour the mixture into each cup and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with some extra cheese on top.
Cheese and Ham Sandwiches
Here’s another powerful duo that’s always a crowd-pleaser. You can make these sandwiches in different shapes (cookie cutters will help) and plate them together to make them look like a sandwich garden. Trust us, your friends will be impressed!
The recipe is super simple, too.
- Cut off the crust from white bread slices and spread them with butter.
- Place a slice of your favorite cheese on one slice, top it with another bread slice, then add ham and cover it with another bread slice. Follow the pattern twice to create delicate and tall tea sandwiches.
- Insert an olive on a toothpick and stick it through the sandwich from top to bottom. Super easy, right?
Cheesy Shrimp Bites
If you’re a seafood fan, these bites are your perfect tea party addition. They’re crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside – just what everyone looks for in an appetizer.
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take some bread slices and cut each into four squares.
- Press each square onto the cups of a mini cupcake tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then add one baby shrimp to each.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic powder, and shredded cheddar cheese. Add this mixture on top of the shrimp in each cup.
- Bake for ten more minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side, and enjoy!
Tea Tea Tea
What’s a tea party without some tea, right? Offer different flavors and let your guests choose their favorite. You can also add some unique touches like edible flowers, honey sticks, or flavored syrups to make it more interesting.
Some popular tea flavors include English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea, and Chamomile. And for those caffeine-free options, you can try peppermint or rooibos.
Tea Party Decor and Other Tips
Although food is the first attraction at a tea party, the decor and ambiance play a crucial role, too. If you don’t want to leave any stone unturned, here’s what you can do.
Send Out Adorable Invites
Set the bar (and expectations) high with adorable and customized invitation cards. You can make handmade invites if you have only a couple of guests. Or, design one on your computer and get them printed. Don’t forget to mention the dress code if you want to set one.
Take Out Your Best Kitchenware
Your tea party is the perfect opportunity to show off your best dinnerware, teapots, and cake stands. Get them out of storage and give them a good wash.
Here are some ideas for an elegant spread:
- Use a three-tiered cake stand to display sandwiches, scones, and mini desserts.
- Set up a mix-and-match table with different patterns and colors.
- Use mismatched tea cups for a charming and eclectic look.
Add Flair With Your Decorations
Small details make a big difference in creating a beautiful and inviting ambiance. Some easy and budget-friendly decoration ideas for your tea party are:
- Use flowers from your garden or get them from the store to create a centerpiece for the table.
- Drape some fairy lights or string lights around the room for a cozy atmosphere.
- Place scented candles or diffusers around the room for a pleasant aroma.
Sip, Savor, and Sparkle – The Final Word
A successful tea party is all about the perfect blend of delicious food, beautiful decorations, and good company. Whether you’re organizing an elegant soirée or a laid-back gathering, this guide provides recipes, tips, and a special touch with custom food blending to elevate your tea party to new heights. So, don your apron, steep your favorite tea, and let the festivities begin! Cheers to the perfect tea party experience!
Whether you’re planning a fancy event or just having a casual get-together with friends, these recipes and tips will make your tea party one to remember. So put on your apron, brew some tea, and let the good times roll! Cheers!