Getting the best appliance repair services can be quite difficult, especially if you cannot contact your repairman or you have never needed repair services. Before you consider buying a new appliance, be sure that your current appliance is beyond repair. You should also consider looking at the problem first since the problem could be due to the low power supply to your house. After repair, you should ask the repairman to advise you on the best ways to maintain your appliances so as to avoid other repairs or to prevent the need for buying a new appliance.
Here are a few tips that will help you look for the best appliance repair services.
- Do a proper research. If you have never used repair services, you need to research well before hiring a repairman. You can research online for the best repair companies that have good reviews. Ensure that they are authorized to do repair work and they should also give you a receipt that bears their name. A friend can also refer you to a good repairman.
- Ask your supplier. If you have been buying your appliances from one supplier or dealer, the supplier may be able to recommend a good repairman. Unfortunately, most suppliers will not refer you to a good repairman so that you can end up buying a new appliance. They might even get a repairman who will make the condition of your appliance worse so be careful. To avoid this, you can request the supplier to get you a repairman from a trusted company.
- Visit a local repair shop. Local repair shops are mostly the first place people go to get repair services. You can ask around about their services and see if people in your location have enjoyed their services.
What do you do if a repair company asks you to leave your appliance with them?
- Ask for a receipt. Ensure that the receipt has the name of the company and address.
- Check to make sure that the company has a valid license. You can also check if their insurance is valid.
- Check how many clients they have helped and how long the company has been in business. You may also check their website to find out if the contact number given is valid.
- Check to see if it is in major business directories and can be found on Google or Yahoo.
- Let them tell you how much money the repair will take and do not allow them to give you additional charges as the repair work is going on. You should also not pay for the repair before it is complete.
- Ask them how long the repair work will take and if they can deliver the appliance to your premises. If they say it will take a week and it takes longer, goes to the repair company and sees if they have made any progress. If none, you should consider taking your appliance to another repair company