Everything you need to know about air fryers is vital to helping you make a wise decision on which one to buy. Most people hold back their desire to buy useful equipment like this one because they do not exactly know the good or the bad about such products.
Educating yourself and learning about the air fryer is a great step in choosing to advance in your cooking. Understanding and weighing the good things and the bad things about a gadget that you want to invest in is key to knowing what you are investing in.
The advantages and disadvantages of an air fryer
- No use of oil – This here is the main reason why an air fryer is great to use in all your cooking. By using an air fryer, you are able to cut down on the fat and calories by up to 80%. An air fryer is an excellent choice for a health-conscious individual who wants to eat healthily. You may be finding it hard to give up your favorite deep-fried foods; you just found a new way to enjoy them even better.
- Easy to clean – Who loves washing dishes, especially after eating a meal? Most parts of an air fryer are removable and dishwasher-safe. Unlike the days of scrubbing the pan to get the grease off, an air fryer gives you an easy time once your tummy is full. Most problems are solved by the fact that there is no grease to deal with.
- No more burning your skin – When making French fries and the oil is very hot, you are afraid to throw them in because you don’t want to add on to the list of burned people. Burns are scary and hard to deal with. They are painful too and do not offer any comfort. An air fryer keeps you safe from that; it keeps you safe while using it at home. It’s so safe that anyone can operate it!
- Does different cooking tasks – In a normal kitchen without an air fryer, you will need to buy more kitchen appliances that handle different tasks. When you invest in an air fryer, you simply forget all the other appliances because it does all your cooking. Be it baking, roasting, frying, etc., you are able to do your cooking stress-free.
Just like any other device, the air fryer also has some disadvantages that are not really seriously considering the work it does. Here are some of the disadvantages
- Has little cooking space – The major disadvantage of this air fryer is the fact that it has little cooking space, which might not favor a big family. This means that you have to cook food in sets instead of doing it only once. It can be useful when making French fries as you serve them but it can be frustrating when you have a large group to cater for.
- It takes a bit longer to cook compared to the deep fryers – Having been used to deep frying, you can’t help but compare the time it takes. The air fryer takes a bit longer than the deep fryer. You had better make a wise choice when buying!