Almost every day I am asked interesting questions from all over the world and I thought I would start sharing my responses to them, along with travel related giveaways. I love questions, thus please feel free to ask me anything in the comments or send me a private message if you prefer.
Q66. Where is your next trip?
A66. My husband and I are going to the Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias concert in Madison Square Garden in New York City in September. I cannot put into words how beyond excited I am about this trip, as Pitbull is my favorite artist and I have been waiting forever to see him live. The fact that I am seeing him in my beloved Manhattan makes it that much better!
Q67. How can travelers best dig deeply into a culture/new place?
A67. By befriending locals. Whether you meet them in a coffee shop, bar, or through a social networking site, it is irrelevant, but locals are the best way to truly get to know a new place. I am also a fan of learning some of the language of the country you are traveling in before going there. Communication opens the doors to so many possibilities.
Q68. What are your top tips for traveling off the beaten path?
A68. Lose the map and the fear. Embrace getting lost and having misadventures. Trust in the good of others around you. Be open to having your plans completely changed.
Q69. If you could have unlimited flights to and from one city, forever, which would it be?
A69. Buenos Aires, Argentina, so that I could see my inlaws as many times a year as I want!
Q70. What’s in your bag that you are yet to touch?
A70. At this point I consider myself an expert packer and I typically do not over or under pack (I also start packing two weeks in advance). Although, in the past I usually brought with me too many books thinking I would have time to read them and I never did. As a solution, I now only bring magazines and download books onto my iPad.
- New itineraries based on lengths of stay, regional destinations, or themes
- City guides with tailor-made daytrip and weekend itineraries
- Country guide itineraries ranging from two to fourteen days
- Brand-new hotel and restaurant listings
- DK Choice listings highlighting special recommendations for dining and accommodations
- Simplified price and cuisine categories, with photography throughout
- Redrawn maps for improved readability
- Restaurants plotted on maps and listed with adjacent sights
- More detailed street maps, with subway stops and viewing points
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides will help you plan trips to more than 200 destinations around the world. Click here to discover a small sampling of some of the most popular guidebooks. I cannot wait to use my New York City book on my upcoming trip!