It was a while ago when traveling was (necessarily) done to get away from everything and put a pause to your life.
Today, you can still disconnect from everything if that is your choice (and mostly if you are taking a trip for pleasure/ vacation), but you can also keep your life up and running smoothly thanks to the Internet, for example, if you are taking a business trip or you want to extend your travel from the typical 2-3 weeks.
There is neither a need to stop everything, nor a need to wait to get back to work, if that journey that got you inspired provoked some major changes in your life.
Even if you are on the other side of the world from your homeland you can:
- Do online courses and careers. Study either undergraduate and/or language courses to perfect a new language you are practicing. Among the hundreds of options available, you can do this with applications like Duolingo and similar.
- Try your luck at online casinos. If you have a good relationship with Lady Luck, you can play in mobile casino sites from all around the world while lying in your hotel bed and still in pyjamas before you go to sleep. And who knows, if you are lucky, you can even extend your trip a little longer with the earnings.
- Watch online shows or movies. If you are going to get entertained, you do not even need to miss watching your favorite shows or movies that inspire you to keep dreaming and traveling. The easiest and closest option that comes to mind would be Netflix.
- Keep in touch with your loved ones or have business meetings. It is strange having to explain this in 2016, but there are dozens of options to stay connected with your loved ones or to continue carrying out your business meetings normally. Just a few examples are: Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, and many more.
- Continue working. In almost any job today, work can still be continued even if we have crossed the Atlantic Ocean, thanks to services such as Google Drive, WordPress, Basecamp, Slack, Trello, Evernote, Dropbox, and several more options.
- Pursue love on the road. Whether you are looking for the love of your life or a short-term companion, you are able to do by using apps like Tinder, Happn, or any respectable online dating site.
However, the reality is that it is oneself who chooses the time to be alone and disconnected from everything! Whether you interact with the local environment, contact your family and friends from the distance, play online to distract yourself sometime, or even get down to work on any pending project.
A good way to cut the myth that if you are traveling you “lose things”, is to know that thanks to the Internet you can keep your life running smoothly in almost all areas.