If you have been doubting your appearance and feeling self-conscious about how you look, a good cosmetic surgeon can help you feel awesomely confident. In the past, cosmetic surgery was a preserve of the rich and famous, but not anymore! Here are some of the reasons why people opt for cosmetic surgery:
- Birthmarks or birth defects – These can include deformities of the ear, skeleton, cleft lip and the like which can leave you with both emotional and physical deformities. With reconstructive surgery, these can be corrected so that you have normal appearance and normal function.
- Accidents – If you have had an accident, deformities and scarring can occur. Accidents include burns, falls, car wrecks, and mishaps at the workplace, animal bites, sports injuries and so much more. In some instances, you need cosmetic and reconstructive surgery to restore function and appearance as well.
- Cancer – In cases such as a mastectomy, you may opt for a reconstructive breast surgery.
- Weight loss – If you have lost a lot of weight within a short period of time, chances are that you will have excess skin to deal with. The skin often won’t shrink back, necessitating surgery to remove it. This is one of the ways that you can get rid of some of the damage done by the years of obesity while improving your appearance and giving you more confidence.
- Improved self-image and self-esteem – This is a big deal for most people. If you are self-conscious about a particular feature or something else, getting it fixed should not make you feel guilty. This type of work includes breast lifts and augmentation, tummy tucks, nose jobs, butt lifts, laser hair removal, scar removal and so much more. By visiting dr Kirman website, you can find out what kind of surgery is available to you.
It is important to note that men get work done as well and that this is not just a preserve of women. Additionally, boob jobs are not just about getting bigger ones; it can also be a size reduction. There are many women who have very big breasts and are suffering from the weight of carrying them. Usually the pain is in their back, and they also develop shoulder ruts created when bra straps dig into their skin. Many such women who would love to participate in sports also find it difficult to do so.
Interestingly, men also tend to have breast reductions done. Remember that whether you are adding are reducing, the important thing and the main objective is to be functional and comfortable with how you look.
Today, teens are also keen to get some work done even though this has brought about some controversy. Luckily, if you are a teen, the doctors have a guideline of what is acceptable and what isn’t. In addition, you can expect to be screened in order for the doctor to decide whether or not you are responsible and mature enough to do the surgery with the right motive and reasons, and also to undergo surgery.