August 30, 2018
You will no longer have to sacrifice your desire to look your best or follow the latest fashion trends due to your plus size figure. The good news is today a wide clothing range is available to cater to the needs and demands of the plus size women. But there are some golden rules that you need to follow in order to look just perfect.
Rules to Follow
- First and foremost, consider the fit of the garment and not the color. Earlier people stated that plus size women should never wear white, but this is a myth. If you find the perfect piece white will not make you appear larger. While buying white clothing avoid any form of flimsy fabric that will highlight the bumps. Rather pick something with structure and substance that will offer support while the extra thickness indeed will ensure that the inner wear does not play a peekaboo.
- If you think that button-down shirts can be unflattering, then you are wrong because the truth is it can help in complementing the curves as per stylists. Go for a shirt that comes with a design detail and stretch which create a shape such as wrapping, a, and darts. For a slender silhouette wear a cardigan, jacket or blazer above the shirt. This will not only shrink your midsection’s appearance but also elongate you.
- There are no color rules when it comes to buying plus size women clothing. The only point that you need to keep in mind is that the color should complement your skin tone. For instance, a bright red dress can be slimming if the fit and cut flatter your shape. With regards to prints, it should be in proportion to your body scale.
- Yes of course monochrome can be slimming provided it is used in the right way. But if you abuse it, it can make you appear sloppy. For best results experiment with an array of fabrics. Try chiffon and accessorize it using a dash of color instead of wearing that one same fabric completely. He also plays a key role. Women are in favor of nudes, but this should not be the same shade as your complexion. This way there will be just no delineation amid where you begin and where the clothes end.
- Stripes are not always your enemy. You need to be careful and choose the right stripe. For instance, asymmetrical stripes can make you appear smaller. Choose stripes which angle inward as it will help in slimming your waistline. Thinner stripes will be a good choice or lighter stripes on a dark background will be a good choice.
- Being plus size does not mean you need to stick only to the basics. You can also look trendy by choosing an outfit that complements your body shape.
- You do not need baggy clothes to cocoon yourself. The truth is it will make you look much larger. Go for a stretchable fabric that will provide you with a smooth look devoid of looking too snug or riding up.
Consider these tips while buying plus size clothing and you can never go wrong.