For quite some time there has been a mushrooming demand for medical marijuana and of the long list of products it is the cannabis oil that is most commonly used. Also known as CBD oil it is packed with an array of health benefits and has proven to treat different diseases.
Facts On CBD
CBD is a compound that is found in cannabis which belongs to cannabinoids. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol until recently gained immense limelight chiefly because of the presence of cannabis which produces in users some mild-altering effects. CBD also has cannabis in high concentrations, the world of medicine is realizing its various medicinal benefits which continues to grow. It is a key non-psychoactive component and its list of benefits comprise of-it is antipsychotic, anxiolytic, antiemetic, antioxidant, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory thereby making it a potential medicine to treat schizophrenia, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, oxidative injury, epilepsy and neuroinflammation.
CBD vs. Cannabinoids
As per research it has been proved that there is a difference between CBD and other popular cannabinoids. Every cannabinoid function as a ligand which means it can modulate the behavior of the receptor. It is the CB1 receptors that is distributed widely yet are abundant particularly in the various parts of the brain especially those which are concerned with the endocrine and autonomic functions, cognition, memory, emotion, sensory perception, pain, coordination and movement. The CB2 receptors mostly are found in one’s immune system which will help to reduce inflammation as well as specific types of pain. Though all cannabinoids have structures that are similar to one another but displays different actions on every varied receptor. Learn more about CBD oils at Global Cannabinoids.
Stay Fit And Healthy With CBD Oils
CBD oils can benefit your body in different ways. This one, for instance, Delta-8-THC is yet another recent revelation in the world of cannabis. Unlike the regular (delta-9) THC, it is far less potent, giving the user a more mellow high. Nonetheless, both non-users and regular cannabis users have managed to find relief in delta-8-THC. Some other CBD benefits include:
- Natural Pain Relief- First and foremost, CBD oils act as a natural pain relief by inhibiting the neuronal transmission particularly in the pain pathways. As per a study conducted in 2012, CBD proved to suppress neuropathic and chronic inflammatory pain in rodents devoid of any analgesic tolerance. In another study conducted in Canada in 2007 it was discovered that the combination of THC buccal spray and CBD was proved effective to treat neuropathic pain in case of multiple sclerosis.
- Antipsychotic Effects- Another benefit of CBD oil is that it has antipsychotic effects. CBD has a pharmacological profile akin to atypical antipsychotic drugs. It also helps to prevent experimental psychosis in humans and extremely effective in clinical trials and open case reports in those suffering from schizophrenia.
- Control Anxiety- Cannabidiol has proved to cut down anxiety in people having social anxiety disorder. In fact, researchers have stated that it can also help to reduce obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety disorder. In 2011 a study was conducted where patients having social anxiety disorder had been given CBD an hour before the test and it was discovered that it significantly reduced discomfort in the speech performance, cognitive impairment and anxiety and also reduced alertness in the anticipation of speech.
- Fight Cancer- CBD has pro-apoptotic and antiproliferative effects which can prevent cancer cell migration, invasion and adhesion. In 2006 a study was conducted where it was discovered that CBD selectively and potently prevented the growth of breast tumor cells and significantly exhibited less potency in case of non-cancer cells. Researchers added some light in 2011 on a specific cellular mechanism via which CBD in the breast cancer cells induces the cell death. CBD acts as a compound that is non-toxic and thus can be utilized for a prolonged treatment. Along with fighting breast cancer, CBD can also be used for inhibiting the invasion both of colon and lung cancer and above all has anti-tumor characteristics that can help to treat leukemia.
- Control Nausea- For centuries cannabis is used to suppress vomiting and nausea. Above 80 cannabinoid compounds present in marijuana including non-toxicant CBD and intoxicant THC can control vomiting and nausea. CBD works in a diphasic way which means in low doses this will suppress vomiting that is toxin-induced and in case of a high dose this will either not have any effect or increase nausea.
- Protect Broken Bones and Bone Disease- Cannabinoids helps in bone metabolism where the old bone materials are substituted with new in order to maintain healthy and strong bones over time. In fact, CBD can help to block the enzyme which will destroy in the body the bone-building compounds which in turn will reduce the chances of bone diseases that are age-related such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. The body in both these situations will not form new cartilage cells and bones. CBD will pave the way to form new bone cells and thereby heal the broken bones and also reduce bone refracture.
- Heal the Skin- In the body it is the skin that has the largest concentration and amount of CB2 receptors. When CB2 is topically applied on the skin as an oil, serum or lotion it can work wonders in repairing damage against free radicals such as environmental pollutants and UV rays. The skin has cannabinoid receptors and regulates production of oil within the sebaceous glands. Topical products that are cannabis-based can help in treating issues such as psoriasis and acne as well as promote faster healing in case of damaged skin.
- Mood Disorders and Depression- One of the most serious mood disorders is clinical depression which is characterized by loss of interest and sadness and at times also resulting in decreased energy and appetite and above all suicidal thoughts. CBD helps to control mood disorders and depression by serving as a quick antidepressant drug. It is extremely effective in case of depression that is associated to chronic stress.
- Promote Heart Health- CBD can offer protection from vascular damage resulting from type 2 diabetes, inflammation or high glucose environment. Also, it can help to treat vascular hyperpermeability.
These are some of the noteworthy benefits of taking CBD oils although the list can go on and on. Try it to know more!