Dubai, now known as a global hub has become a favourite travel destination over the past two decades. Everyone knows Dubai as a preferred destination for shopping especially, for luxury brands and goods. But, it does have many other opportunities for tourist willing to experiment and experience. It’s the largest city in the United Arab Emirates. It is a tax-free city with beautiful architecture along with being a shoppers paradise. It is also considered a safe city to live and visit. There are an umpteen amount of activities to choose from and one can really have a great holiday in this city whether you are visiting with friends or family. Unlike, misconceptions, this is not a city for the rich but a budget traveller can also plan up a good holiday.
Among the ample opportunities, listed below are twelve unique things to do on a first time trip to Dubai:
1. Looking to enjoy a boat party or fishing or just the breeze, rent out a yacht from the many options of yacht rental in Dubai. Even better, book a ticket to a mega yacht dinner cruise in Dubai and enjoy the night skies with awesome food and music. The dhow cruise Dubai marina is favorite cruise among travelers of different nations. There are many options of luxury yacht charter Dubai to choose from too.
2. Watch the biggest skyscraper in the world with the fastest lift in the world. This is not to be missed on your maiden visit to the wonderful city of Dubai.
3. The Dubai Fountain Show is a mesmerizing show not be missed on your visit to Dubai. It is situated in Dubai Mall.
4. Shopping is a must-do while visiting Dubai. But visiting Dubai Mall will make it a unique experience as it’s the biggest mall in terms of area in the world. It has over 1200 retail shops with over 120 restaurants and cafes. There is also a skating rink
5. What is a visit to a city without trying out the local cuisine? Do try roast chicken dinner, roast beef dinner by ordering from a fine dining restaurant in your hotel room. One will find cuisines of all kinds as it’s a well-known fact that Dubai is a land of ex-pats.
6. Experience the past of Dubai with visits to the many museums and mosques. Fossil Desert is a unique place of its own to experience.
7. One of best unique things to experience is the desert safari Dubai. It includes camel rides, sand skiing, dune driving. One of the few cities in the world who provide such an attraction.
8. You can stay at Burj Al Arab. What is unique about it? Well, it is the only 7-star hotel in the world. What is more unique — its made on an artificial island.
9. Visit the world’s biggest natural flower garden spread over 72000 square meter. It is home to over 45 million species of flowers. It is on a man-made island which also has hotels, resorts, luxury homes.
10. Not afraid of heights, then, try the skydiving experience over Palm Jumeiah. It will give you the adrenaline rush that you need.
11. What is a visit to a city without trying oVisit the underwater zoo and the Dubai aquarium while at Dubai Mall.
12. Last but not the least, if possible plan your trip around the time of the Dubai Shopping Festival and experience luxury first-hand. It attracts tourists all over the world. It goes on for a month and you never know, you might win cash prizes at the many competitions going on.
A must-see city and marked in an avid traveller list, Dubai is a city unlike others. The best time to visit the city is during March-October when the weather is not that hot.