Deciding to opt-in for a fishing charter trip is all exciting and fun! However, once the excitement gets grounded, you realize that you need to pack for it. And this where the confusion starts! Even though people think they know what to pack, but when the packing time comes, they are many doubts about what to and what not to carry.
Everything depends on the duration of your fishing charter tour. Today, you can select anything between four hours and eight hours. To know more on this, you can check out Panama City fishing charters.
When you are all set to pack, here are three things to keep in mind.
Know What Clothing To Carry
A fishing charter tour will expose you to open waters. There can be temperature drops as well as the warm sun. You need to plan your clothes accordingly. Keep the following things handy:
- A windbreaker to stay warm early morning and secure you from the spray.
- Wear a lightweight shirt that will secure your shoulders and arms from sunburn. Choose liner if you wish to keep heat away.
- If it’s a tropical region choose your shorts.
- Carry gloves to protect your hands from sunburn and accidental cuts.
- Wear sneakers instead of flip-flops.
Keep Weather Protection In Mind
Do not rule out the weather conditions when you are on a fishing charter vessel. You might have to stay exposed to a chilly climate or scorching sun for long hours. Here are a few things to add to your list:
- Keep sunscreen with you to block the UVB and UVA rays.
- Carry a hat to protect your head and reduce the chances of a sunstroke.
- Keep a lip balm handy that will stop your lips from getting chapped
- Pack a pair of polarized sunglasses as it will see through the light glares in the water and help you see the fish clearer.
- Add your waterproof rain pants and jacket, just in case you have to face bad weather
Do Not Forget The Medicines
Not many people realize, but open waters and the air above your head can sometimes make you feel slightly giddy and nauseous. And if you don’t address that, you might fall sick and ruin your fishing experience. Keep the following in your packing list:
- You should on priority pack your sea sickness medicine! More so if you have sea and motion sickness. And you need to take this medicine a few hours before the fishing charter starts. Do not combine these medicines with your tea or coffee, and it will have a boomerang effect. Also, don’t drink in excess the previous night. It will help you stay puke-free.
- Carry your mint tidbits to stay fresh all through the trip. Sometimes, the smell of the fish might make you feel nauseous. Your mint tidbits can help you get rid of the pungent smell in your nose.
These are the three essential factors that you should consider when you are packing for a fishing tour! You can add other things like an extra pair of slippers or shirt as well based on the tour duration and your need.