Eating healthy is important especially with so many serious ailments rising around us. Eating right and keeping the body healthy is the least we can do to keep ourselves from succumbing to these diseases.
However, contrary to popular belief that doesn’t mean that we cannot enjoy our favourite dishes and desserts. Apricot is a dry fruit that is extremely rich in potassium, fibre, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. It is a nutritious dry fruit that also goes well with several different desserts. It is often consumed in dried form too. Evidently, it is one of the most popular dry fruits online available for a health-centric diet.
Keeping all the factors combined, we have compiled a list of 10 such recipes that you can whip up with ease, that doesn’t adversely affect your health and well-being while being a flavourful explosion as well. So the next time you crave some dessert but are torn between choosing health over taste, make the responsible choice and try one of the recipes that we have listed below.
The top 10 Apricot Desserts that are healthy and can be a part of your Weight-Loss Diet
Popular as it is among people who are concerned about their health, apricot is a great choice when it comes to desserts. Here are the top 10 apricot desserts that you can try without worrying about walking all over your weight-loss diet plan:
- Fruit Energy Balls – Now and then we need a little pick-me-up to get us going. Food acts as mood lifters, especially desserts. One such dessert that is extremely healthy and delightful as well is fruit energy ball(s). For this, you need 1 cup of slivered almonds, 1/3rd cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened), 1 cup of dried figs and 1 cup of dried apricots. You need to put the figs, apricots and almonds in a blender till it is finely shredded. Then, you need to roll the mixture up into smooth balls and dredge the mixture in the coconut. Despite its popularity, the Apricot is often considered a not-so-affordable fruit. However, you can compare and view Apricot price online to choose from a good-enough range of products such as dried, honey-dipped, crushed, and berries.
- Energy bars – It might sound fancy. It is anything but. All you need are 6 dried and chopped apricots, 1/3rd of a cup of raw pumpkin seeds, ½ cup of crispy brown rice cereal, 1 cup of chopped up and salted peanuts, ¼ cup of dried blueberries, ½ cup of rolled oats, 5 tbsp of brown rice syrup and 3 tbsp of chocolate chips. All you need to do is combine the ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle the syrup and put it in a preheated oven (at 325 degrees F) and bake it for 20-30 minutes.
- Spiced Bran Muffins with Dried Apricots – The ingredients you need to prepare this recipe are as follows:
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 2 ½ cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3 cups of whole-bran cereal
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tbsp of ground cloves
- ½ cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ½ tbsp of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- 2 beaten eggs (lightly)
- ½ cup of chopped up and dried apricots
You need to pour boiling water into a bowl with the cereal and stir it to moisten it. In another bowl, you need cloves, ginger, baking powder, salt, flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another, larger bowl, you need to combine eggs, banana, buttermilk and oil. Then you need to combine all the mixtures and pour in the apricots. Then, you need to bake it for around 20 minutes.
- Coconut Overnight Oatmeal – Even though this is oatmeal, it serves as an excellent dessert. The ingredients required for this one are: maple syrup, hazelnuts, dried apricots, salt, rolled oats and coconut milk beverage. In a jar or a bowl, you need to combine salt, oats and coconut milk and refrigerate overnight. Then, before consumption, you need to add the hazelnuts and apricots and drizzle maple syrup over it all.
- Apricot Strawberry Tart – This dish is as delicious as it sounds. You will need egg yolks, fresh strawberries (sliced), fresh apricots, strawberry preserves (or apricot preserves), vanilla extract, lemon zest, unsalted butter, salt, granulated sugar, almond flour and white whole-wheat flour. Once you have these ingredients, you need to proceed as you would when making tarts. The combination of the mixture needs to be heated at 325 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Apricot-Almond Clafouti – The ingredients you need for this mind-boggling dessert are: lemons, orange juice (1/4th cup), a pound of apricots cut into wedges, sugar, egg white, 2 large eggs, sliced almonds, salt, almond extract, all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt and a cup of low-fat milk. In a bowl, combine eggs, egg white, and sugar and beat it. Then, you need to add the milk, flour, almond extract, lemon zest and syrup. Alongside this, you need to combine apricots and orange juice. You need to combine them and bake the Clafouti for 45 minutes or so.
- Low-fat Apricot Crumble Coffee Cake – For this, you need gluten-free baking powder, egg-white protein powder, coconut flour, almond flour, unsalted butter, zest of a lemon, low-carb sweetener, 4 eggs and 6 apricots. For the crumble topping, you need almond flour, unsalted butter and a low-carb sweetener as well. Then, you need to make the cake base by adding the appropriate ingredients and mixing them. Then, after adding the egg whites to the mixture, you need to add the apricots and bake them for around 40 minutes.
- Apricot Halwa Recipe – The ingredients for this are: saffron, ghee, apricots, green cardamom and water. For garnishing, you need dry fruits mixed. You need to make an apricot puree for this with a blender. Then, pour this and combine it with melted ghee and add cardamom and saffron. Then, before serving, garnish it with mixed dry fruits.
- Apricot and Almonds Upside-down puds – For this, you need castor sugar, eggs, low-fat spread, baking mix, skim milk, apricot jam, ground almonds, canned apricots, fresh mint and icing sugar. You need to mix cream and sugar till it’s fluffy and then add eggs, milk and almonds. Then, you need to add the jam, some of the sliced apricots and the sponge mix and bake it for 20 minutes (at 360 degrees F).
- No-Bake Apricot Pies – This requires only three ingredients: dried apricots, desiccated coconuts and dried dates. You need to combine the apricots and dates in a food blender and then refrigerate the mixture for around an hour, before garnishing it with the desiccated coconuts.