Dental veneers have become incredibly popular. They are custom-made shells that are placed by dentists on the front of your teeth for improving appearance. Their placement helps hide uneven, chipped, or stained teeth. If you have discolored or damaged teeth, chances are that they are holding you back and you feel that they have taken a hit on your self-esteem. However, there is no need to worry as dental veneers help improve the way your teeth look and feel. By getting dental veneers, you can expect to correct or hide the following dental damage:
- Gaps between teeth
- Small missing pieces
People opt for dental veneers as they help improve their teeth. According to the dentist at My Dentist San Francisco dental practice, “veneers are natural in appearance and are a perfect option for patients wanting to make minor adjustments to the look and feel of their smile.” Anyone looking for a long-term solution will find them to be just what they need. Instead of worrying about persistent cosmetic concerns, the treatment addresses all your issues. Dental veneers are a great option if you do not want to get retainers, braces, or teeth whitening. A small amount of enamel will be removed by the dentist in order to ensure smooth placement. Then, the dentist would place the veneers.
Types Of Veneers
1. Resin-Based Composite Veneers
One of the most popular types of veneers is resin-based composite veneers. They are a much more affordable option and do not require as much enamel removal. In fact, the dentist might not even need to remove any enamel for placing the veneers. Besides, it is much easier to replace composite veneers if they get damaged or broken. This makes them a more cost-effective option.
2. Porcelain Veneers
Another type of veneers that are commonly available includes porcelain veneers. The best thing about porcelain veneers is the fact that they are strong. The dentist will place the veneers on top of the teeth. Some enamel would need to be removed for attaching the porcelain veneers. The reason why they are often preferred is because they have the same color as natural teeth. Thus, you can achieve a beautiful smite with porcelain veneers.
Which Type Is Best?
Although, both resin-based composite veneers and porcelain veneers look quite similar, they do have some notable differences as mentioned below.
|S. No.||Resin-Based Composite||Porcelain|
|2||Might not require enamel removal.||It requires enamel removal.|
|3||Usually takes about 1 appointment.||It takes around 2 to 3 appointments.|
|4||It lasts around 5 years.||It lasts around 20 years.|
|5||It might stain over time.||It will not stain.|
|6||It is more likely to chip or break.||It is less likely to chip or fracture.|
|7||It is easier to fix.||It can be more difficult to fix.|
As mentioned above, porcelain veneers offer a more natural appearance and have an easier time covering malformed, discolored teeth. However, you need to consider your needs and budget to determine the right type of veneers. The dentist would help you make the best decision.
Benefits Of Dental Veneers
The following advantages of dental veneers will make you realize just how amazing the procedure is:
- Cosmetically Repair Teeth: One of the main benefits of dental veneers is that they help cosmetically repair your teeth. The veneers are cemented in front of the teeth for offering a beautiful smile. Since the veneers are custom-made, they are able to provide you with the most attractive smile possible. No matter what issues you might face, you can rest assured that the treatment will take care of them.
- Offer A Natural Appearance: Another benefit of dental veneers is that they offer a natural appearance unlike other dental procedures. The dentist sculpts the veneers into place and ensures that they fit your facial symmetry and style.
- Minimally Invasive: A great thing about dental veneers is that they involve a minimally invasive process. Once the tooth has been shaved, the veneers would be placed. Moreover, no anesthesia would be required.
- Quick Cosmetic Fix: In addition to the above, dental veneers offer a quick cosmetic fix. They offer much-needed change and address cosmetic issues like stained teeth, misshaped teeth, gaps, missing teeth, and chipped teeth.
- Durable: Dental veneers are extremely durable. They are permanent and can resist decay. Thus, you just need to ensure proper maintenance.
- Easy To Maintain: Finally, dental veneers are super easy to maintain. You do not have to worry about doing anything special. Maintenance and care is just what you need to take good care of the veneers.