Whether you finally decided to start your skin care journey or are just switching to a new product, skin care is the one of the most important parts of your daily routine. The right treatment serum can help you achieve clear and blemish-free skin.
Blemish skin care serums are quite abundant in the market, especially nowadays when the skin care industry is booming. Many brands have popped up, creating different formulas suited for all skin types.
These products are formulated with different proportions of concentrated chemicals which can target specific skin blemishes. But how do you choose the serum you need for your skin treatment?
With these tips, you can get the best serum that you can incorporate into your daily skin care routine.
Know What You Want to Target
Each person has a specific skin dilemma. If you are dealing with acne, you need a product that contains the right active ingredients that can unclog your pores and reduce sebum production. If you are struggling with redness and sensitivity, then you will need a different type of product with a less irritating formula.
Knowing what type of skin blemishes you have will set you on the right track to find the most suitable treatment serum. You don’t want to end up with a product that will only make your condition worse.
Read More: 17 foods that prevent breast cancer.
Identify Your Skin Type
Next, you need to determine your skin type. If you are new to the skin care world, you should be familiar with these categories to determine where yours belong. Blemish skin care serums are specially made to cater for each of these skin types:
- Normal: People with normal skin type have little to no blemishes, a radiant complexion, and a clean, regular skin texture.
- Dry: Those with dry skin have a more dull and rough skin complexion with noticeable red patches and visible lines. Their skin is more prone to cracking, peeling, and irritation.
- Oily: If your skin is oily, you have enlarged pores and a shiny complexion. Blackheads and pimples are evident due to excess oil production.
- Combination: With this skin type, some areas of your face are dry or normal, while your T-zone consisting of the forehead, nose, and chin are oily. The pores are also enlarged in these areas, and the skin gives off a shiny appearance. You are also more prone to acne-like those with oily skin types.
- Sensitive: Those with sensitive skin have a more delicate skin barrier, making it easier for microorganisms and irritants to enter deeper layers of the skin. It can lead to allergic reactions and even infections.
Look Into the Ingredient List
As mentioned earlier, blemish skin care serums are created from different natural and chemical ingredients that help eliminate unwanted marks, spots, and skin discoloration.
Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 is a very effective ingredient for treating all sorts of blemishes like acne and reducing fine lines. It can also leave your skin looking radiant and beautiful as ever. Zinc is also essential for keeping the skin hydrated, reducing visible pores, and controlling oil production.
For acne-prone skin, you should consider products with retinoid, which help unclog pores by removing dead skin cells while also improving clear signs of aging.
Always remember to choose a brand that focuses on the effectiveness of their formulas and not only their branding
You May Also Like: