If you are planning your wedding, it can be very easy to get overwhelmed. Below, we are going to reveal three ways to plan your wedding effectively.
Find the perfect ring
It is important to choose a design that will stand the test of time. You can even design your own engagement ring at Allurez.com. After all, you are going to be wearing the ring on your finger for the rest of your life. It, therefore, seems somewhat ironic to discuss engagement ring trends. However, these are exciting new ring styles and trends that are set to make their mark on the industry for years and years to come. With that in mind, let us take a look at the hottest trends in engagement ring jewelry at present:
- Classic with a twist – Classic engagement ring designs will always be popular, yet women are looking for something that is a little more unique without crossing the line between elegance and over-the-top. This is why we are seeing a lot of engagement rings appear on the market that has subtle twists. For example, the band could have diamonds in a twisted design, or the prongs could be twisted so that they fall in a different place to usual. It is small changes that make a big difference.
- Square-shaped diamonds – Recent celebrity engagements have highlighted the return to incorporating square shapes into engagement rings. Pippa Middleton’s Art Deco-inspired Asscher-cut ring is a perfect example of this.
- Knowing where your jewelry comes from – More and more people are becoming conscious about where their fashion comes from, and rightly so. This is particularly important when it comes to diamond engagement rings, as you want to ensure they are conflict-free. For this to be the case, buying from a reputable jeweler is a must. You will see that fewer people are taking risks when sourcing their jewelry.
- Rose gold – There is no denying the popularity of rose gold at the moment in the fashion industry, and this popularity has extended to engagement jewelry. It is flirty, fun, and ultra-feminine, and it is flattering on almost every skin tone.
- Twisted bands – Twisted bands have become exceptionally popular, no matter whether you go for a twisted band to complement a simpler engagement ring setting or you opt for a twisted shank on your engagement ring. You can buy rings online like this, and many other designers are embracing this style of engagement band. Not only does it look beautiful, but also many people believe that the design symbolizes the love of two people, joined and intertwined.
- Elevated vintage – What is old becomes brand new again with this trend. Established vintage jewelry looks are given a slight twist for a luxurious and distinctive ring that is guaranteed to turn heads.
- Iconic minimalist – Last but by no means least, iconic minimalistic styles are exceptionally popular at the moment. This is a trend that gives the nod to the 1960’s Mod fashion era. These are rings that feature a solitaire setting with one big center diamond and graduated side stones. This creates a stunning ring that isn’t too fussy.
Think of ways to include your children
If you are remarrying, or you and your partner have finally decided to tie the knot, a wedding can mean so much more when children are involved. It is not only about declaring your love for one and another; it is about officially uniting an entire family. This is why it is important to include your kids in your wedding so they can feel like they are a major part of the celebration. Read on to discover some suggestions:
- Tell your children before you pop the question – Whoever is planning on popping the question, should talk to their kids before. This will make them feel important, and it gives them the chance to ask any questions. Of course, if your children are young or likely to tell your partner before you do, you may want to skip this option.
- Include your kids in ring shopping – One of the best ways to get your children involved is to get them to help you choose an engagement ring. This will be a lot more fun than choosing a wedding band, as they tend to be plain.
- Give your children cameras – Your kids will love the opportunity to play photographer at your wedding. This is a great way for children to express themselves. We’re not suggesting you ditch the professional one, but giving your kids polaroid or disposable cameras is a great way to give them something fun and important to do.
- Let your kids help with the wedding menu – If you are going to have a separate menu for all children in attendance, why not allow your kids to take a leading role when deciding what food to serve? They are also guaranteed to love cake and dessert testing, so bring them along for this. You could let them pick a dessert to add to the reception.
- Let your kids give you away – You could always break with tradition and let your children walk you down the aisle. This is a lovely idea for those that no longer have their parents with them.
- Give your children a role in the ceremony – There are so many ways for you to get your children involved in your wedding, and it is important that you do so. Otherwise, they are going to wonder why other people have a job and they don’t. Good options include ring bearers, flower girls, groomsmen, and bridesmaids. If your child is comfortable being in front of crowds, why not get them to read a poem or sing a song?
- Spend the evening before your wedding with your kids – The night before your wedding is a special one, and what better way to spend it than with your kids? Spending some quality time with your children the night before your wedding will help to reassure them that they are your priority. Why not order room service and stay in a nice hotel room? Or, you could go for a moonlit walk and have a nice chat?
Make smart savings
If you are currently planning your wedding, first of all, congratulations on your engagement! Now, the real work begins, as wedding planning is usually every bit as stressful as people say it is. This is not said to put you off, of course, as the joy and excitement of the occasion make the planning more than bearable. However, if you do not have a lot of money to spare, you may be worried that you cannot afford to get wed. Fear not, as here are some tips on planning a beautiful wedding on a budget:
- Don’t blow your budget on wedding rings – You do not need to spend a fortune on wedding bands. Most wedding rings are fairly plain in style, and so you do not need to go overboard with something elaborate and encrusted with diamonds. This does not mean you need to go for something boring either. Plus, this is something you can easily change at a later date if you wish to do so.
- Swap your drinks – There is no need to go for champagne for the toast, simply choose Prosecco instead. It is likely that most of your guests will not even realize it. Plus, Prosecco has become everyone’s favorite drink, so your guests will approve.
- Save your savings – You need to be financially savvy at this stage when planning the perfect wedding. One of the ways to do this is to save your savings. So, whenever you get a discount on something or you spend less on your groceries than you usually would, but the savings you have made into your savings.
- Embrace your crafty side – Another way to save money is to get crafty and make your own save the dates, wedding invites, favors, table centerpieces, and anything else you can turn your hand to. Not only will this reduce the amount you spend by a considerable degree, but also it enables you to add your own personal touch to your wedding.
- Negotiate with suppliers – Do not be afraid to negotiate with suppliers. Yes, they may be a little bit daunting, but there is no need to worry about trying to haggle for a better price. After all, you have heard the saying: if you do not ask, you do not get. Well, that is most definitely the case, and you will not be the first person who has asked the florist for a discount. Instead of asking for money off, another option is to ask for something extra thrown in, for example, for your wedding florist to add in your buttonholes for free.
- Figure out your priorities – Last but not least, before you start shopping for your wedding, you need to figure out what is important to you. This will enable you to spend wisely and cut back on areas that are not as crucial.