Oakland, being the epicenter of trade for San Francisco Bay due to its port, shipyards, and automobile industry, also happens to be one of the most sorts after tourist destinations of travelers worldwide for the beautiful attractions, exciting nightlife, and the cultural hub for art and music.
Land For Explorers
The city has evolved from once being the montage of the coastline to offering numerous entertaining and enthralling experiences for solo backpackers and those traveling with friends and families. Let me give you a glimpse of them to choose from and experience on your own:
Try The Cuisine
You need to spare time to experience the diverse food scene that Oakland offers. The East Bay has something for everyone from farm to table, hole-in-the-wall cafes, food trucks with their secret recipes, tacos or burritos, Michelin star restaurants, and the lip-smacking street food. The strong African-American foundation and the migrated population from different countries have primarily influenced the food culture of this beautiful port city.
Taking the credit for acknowledging the medicinal benefit of Cannabis, Oakland is the first state to regularize the use of this herbal medicine, which allows travelers and natives to visit Root’d, the first of its kind cannabis entertaining dispensary. The place offers a variety of high-quality cannabis products with comfortable stay options and a grand lounge for consumption while reveling in their live events.
Laced with the architecture inspired by the Victorian era, a mystical downtown, and an uptown, mesmerizing landscape, Oakland invites the seeker in you to go and talk a walk and discover the enchanting beauty of the city on foot, also known as the East Bay.
Hop In And Enjoy The Joy Ride
There are several tourist attractions in Oakland for a curious traveler in you, so come and join me.
- Lake Merit: Known for its lush green view, open space, and beautiful view, this is one of the favorite picnic and social spots of the locals and travelers together.
- Oakland Museum of California: The museum should be on your bucket list to unveil the rich heritage and culture while showcasing artifacts and other exhibits.
- Jack London Square: For a maritime nature lover, this neighborhood is a paradise inviting you with open arms and wooing you to come, dine and relish the grandeur of the lace.
- Children’s Fairyland: Providing a unique fairytale experience is this story-book-themed amusement park within Lake Merritt.
- Oakland Zoo: Within its natural habitat, the Zoo is home to various species of flora and fauna apart from the wildlife with several activities full of fun, adventure, and amusement.
Life Post Sunsets
Oakland spoils you with numerous nightlife options starting from places known for crafted spirit by branded distilleries vying for your attention and the historical saloons narrating fables of their famous patrons, which is a nickname for drinking bars catering to your drinking appetite with their fusion cocktails and beers.
With these tips you can be assured of a nice, comfortable, and active staycation in Oakland.