Everything You Need to Know About UK Fiance Visa

March 3, 2022

If you are looking to marry your British citizen partner and come over to the United Kingdom, you will need to apply for a UK Fiance Visa. This visa allows you to come and live with you in the UK while your permanent habitation application is sorted out.

This article will discuss the eligibility requirements for the visa, how to apply, and what happens after you have been authorized.

UK Fiance Visa: What is It?

The Fiance Visa UK is for people committed to British citizens or persons settled in the United Kingdom legally. If you want to marry your partner and stay in the country after marriage, then this visa is perfect for you. The visa will allow you to come into the country legally so that when you get married, your spouse will have no trouble sponsoring you for permanent residency.

The visa is valid for six months, and during that time, you will need to get wedded and apply for permanent residency. If your application is endorsed, you will be permitted to remain in the UK forever with your spouse.

Eligibility Prerequisites

To be qualified for a UK Fiance Visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You are at least 18 years of age.
  • If you are under 21, your fiance has a parental consent form from both parents or legal guardians allowing them to marry in the UK.
  • You have met your mate and intend to marry them within six months of reaching the UK.
  • You can demonstrate that you have an authentic and enduring association with your fiance.
  • Your fiance can support you financially without needing public funds.

UK Fiance Visa: How to Apply for It

The application approach for a UK Fiance Visa is pretty simple. You ought to supply the subsequent documents:

  • A genuine passport with not less than six months validity is available.
  • Proof that you have met your fiance and are in a genuine and lasting relationship. This can be done with documents such as joint bank statements, photos together, letters from family and friends, etc.
  • If either you or your fiance has been married before, you will need to provide proof of previous marriage breakdowns, such as divorce or death certificates.
  • Proof of financial sufficiency for both you and your fiance. This can be shown with the following documents:
  • Your employer’s job offer letter in the UK that they will sponsor you for work after marriage. Or a letter from an educational institution where you have been accepted for a full-time course. Or an employment contract that shows you will be employed in the UK.
  • If your fiance is unable to support you financially, then they must provide proof of their financial sufficiency with documents such as bank statements, payslips, and evidence of any other income they have coming in regularly (such as dividends from investments, rental income, etc.)
  • A completed application form.
  • The charge for the visa.

After You Have Been Authorized

Once you have been approved for a UK Fiance Visa, there are a few things that you will need to do in order to start your life in the United Kingdom.

First, you will need to get married within six months of reaching the Kingdom. If your visa is due to expire and you have not yet gotten married, it will be very difficult for you to stay on as a legal resident here (although if there are special circumstances, such as illness or bereavement that prevent the marriage from happening within that time frame, the Home Office may be willing to extend your visa).

After you have been married, you will need to apply for permanent residency. This can be done by filling out a specific form and sending it to the Home Office. You will also be required to deliver some documents. Head over to the  Home Office’s website to discover what papers you require precisely.

Once your application for permanent residency has been approved, you will be able to stay in the United Kingdom permanently with your spouse and any children under 18 years of age that they have. You may also be qualified for nationality/citizenship after staying here for a certain number of years.


The procedure of bringing a Fiance can seem unnerving, but with the valid details and documents, it is relatively simple. If you are in a genuine and lasting relationship with your fiance and can support you financially, you should be eligible for this visa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Andi Perullo de Ledesma

I am Andi Perullo de Ledesma, a Chinese Medicine Doctor and Travel Photojournalist in Charlotte, NC. I am also wife to Lucas and mother to Joaquín. Follow us as we explore life and the world one beautiful adventure at a time.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *