Listen up, foodies! If you are in the concrete jungle of New York City, you know the struggle of choosing a lunch spot. Fear not – we have compiled a list of the top-tier places to indulge in a midday meal. From leafy greens to hearty sandwiches, we have you covered with 15 options that are sure to satisfy your taste buds. So ditch that brown bag lunch and join us for a culinary adventure in the Big Apple!
1. Xi’an Famous Foods – Are you craving for some spicy and tasty treats? Then let me introduce you to Xi’an Famous Foods! This joint is all about hand-pulled noodles and lamb burgers, and they are absolutely killing it with their street food game. Trust me, you do not want to miss out on this Chinese gem!
2. Shake Shack – If you are craving a mouth-watering, quintessentially American burger, you have gotta hit up Shake Shack. These guys are killing it with their Shack Burger, loaded to perfection with lettuce, tomato and their mystery Shack Sauce. In 2023, Shake Shack was crowned Bloc’s top burger joint in NYC – trust me, you will not want to miss out on this burger brilliance!
3. Russ & Daughters – Craving a delicious bagel and lox? Look no further than Russ & Daughters! This legendary Jewish deli has been satisfying hunger pangs with smoked fish and other deli goodies since way back in 1914. Trust us, your taste buds will not be disappointed!
4. Joe’s Pizza – Craving some top-notch pizza in the Big Apple? Joe’s Pizza is your jam. The pepperoni is boss, but do not sleep on the slice with mozzarella so fresh you will wonder if the cow just gave birth. And that basil? Chef’s kiss. Do not be a dummy, go to Joe’s.
5. Goodfellas – Stop what you are doing and pay attention because I have some important news: Goodfella’s pizza in Staten Island is the real deal. One slice and you will feel like you have been transported to pizza heaven. The crust is crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and do not even get me started on the cheese. It is a dreamy blanket of yumminess melting on top of the sauce. And speaking of sauce, it is the Goldilocks of pizza sauces – not too sweet, not too tangy, just right. If you have not had the pleasure of trying a slice yet, you are doing yourself a disservice. It is a culinary experience you will not want to miss!
6. Le Pain Quotidien – For a French twist on your lunch, check out Le Pain Quotidien. This cozy café serves up fresh-baked bread, tartines, and pastries, along with a variety of sandwiches and salads.
7. The Halal Guys – Craving a lunch that’s both speedy and satisfying? Look no further than The Halal Guys! They are serving up a legendary chicken and rice dish that you simply have to try. But fair warning, if you hit ’em up during peak hours, be ready to line up for a hot minute. Trust us though, it is worth the wait!
8. Luke’s Lobster – Craving some seafood? Luke’s Lobster has got you covered, my friend. Their famous spot is where you can snag lobster rolls, crab rolls, and clam chowder that will have you feeling like you are seaside in no time. Do not deny yourself a taste of the ocean – head to Luke’s and satisfy that seafood urge.
9. Sweetgreen – Hey there, health nuts! Sweetgreen is where it is at for the perfect lunchtime fix. They have all sorts of yummy greens and toppings to choose from, all made with sustainable and local ingredients. Trust us, your body will thank you.
10. Artichoke Basille’s Pizza – “Attention all pizza lovers! You cannot leave town without trying Artichoke Basille’s. These pizza wizards sling out massive slices of pure creamy, cheesy goodness. The artichoke slice is a crowd-pleaser, but do not sleep on the classic Margherita option either. Trust us, your taste buds will not regret it.”
11. Ess-a-Bagel – Listen up! If you want the ultimate bagel experience in the city, head to Ess-a-Bagel. Their bagels are straight up made in-house, boiled and baked to perfection. And do not even get me started on their lox spread, it is an absolute must-have. Do not be a fool, go get you some!
12. Junior’s – Craving some seriously satisfying eats? Look no further than Junior’s in Brooklyn. This legendary deli is famous for its cloud-like cheesecake, but do not sleep on their hearty soups, sandwiches, and burgers. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
13. Jacob’s Pickles – If you are looking for some down-home Southern food that will fill your belly and warm your soul, then Jacob’s Pickles is the ultimate spot. Not only do they offer an amazing brunch that will knock your socks off, but their lunch menu is just as drool-worthy. You cannot go wrong with their finger-licking fried chicken sandwiches, gooey mac and cheese, and flaky biscuits. It is comfort food at its finest, y’all.
14. Taim – Looking for a healthy and tasty lunch joint? Taim has got your back! This place serves up some seriously crispy falafel balls and delicious shawarma that will make your taste buds sing. Plus, they have all sorts of tasty sides to choose from, like hummus and Israeli salad. Give it a try and thank us later!
15. Magnolia Bakery – Craving something sweet? Hop on over to Magnolia Bakery, the queen of cupcakes and banana pudding (and all things baked!). It is a must-visit spot for anyone with a sweet tooth. Trust us, your taste buds will not regret it!
16. S’MAC – Feeling hungry for something delicious for lunch? Look no further than S’MAC! This chill spot in the East Village has got all your mac and cheese cravings covered. From classic to the mouth-watering buffalo chicken and decadent truffle, they have it all. Come on down and get your fill!
Looking for a grub hub that caters to your cravings – be it sweet, spicy, healthy, or pure indulgence? Fret not, friend! The concrete jungle that is New York City has got you covered. It offers you an abundance of lunch options that are sure to tantalize your taste buds, no matter where you hail from! Get your foodie fix with our nifty guide to some of the best lunch spots around the city. Let us grub and get gourmet!