Image Source: Harpersbazaar
Diamonds are synonymous with wealth and prestige and always have been a girl’s best friend and for those who are interested in the really big stones that celebrities have received upon their engagement, here is a list of very lucky ladies who received an enormous diamond ring from their husbands to be:
- Paris Hilton– As one might expect with this glitzy celebrity heiress, the ring that her fiancée Chris Zylka slipped on her finger was made up of a whopping 20 carats of diamonds. The A-List celebrity was skiing in Aspen with her actor boyfriend when he suddenly produced the ring and popped the question, and yes, she did say yes! If you are thinking of proposing any time soon and have a look at engagement rings Brisbane gentlemen get from The Diamond Jewellery Studio, a leading online jeweller in Australia, where you can find unique diamond engagement rings.
- Elizabeth Taylor– Perhaps the largest and most famous diamond ring is the one that Michael Todd gave Elizabeth Taylor. The exquisite square cut diamond weighed in at an amazing 33.1 carats and reportedly cost a staggering $11.4 million and is still the most talked about stone, even after many years. This diamond engagement ring is still regarded as the most expensive diamond ring of all time.
- Beyoncé– Her fiancée Jay Z splashed out more than $5 million for a unique diamond engagement ring that consisted of an 18-carat centre diamond set on a split shank. They were married in 2008 and the wedding was one of the most talked about social occasions of that year.
- Victoria Beckham– A superstar in her own right, David Beckham’s wife has had a total of 13 different diamond engagement rings, yet the most special was a 17-carat pearl shaped diamond and we are told this is the one ring she never takes off! With so many celebrity weddings ending in divorce, it is nice to see a couple whose marriage has stood the test of time. Victoria Beckham is now a world famous fashion designer and alongside her husband David, has created a huge business empire.
- Catharine, Duchess of Cambridge– When Kate Middleton received a marriage proposal from the future king of England, he gave her a very special ring that was once owned by Lady Diana Spencer. The ring has an 18-carat sapphire that is surrounded by 14 solitaire cut diamonds, all set in white gold.
If you are looking to wow the lady in your life when you get down on one knee and propose, you really should be looking at a diamond engagement ring, and while it might not make this list, the ring will always be special for that special girl in your life. Diamonds are always a girl’s best friend