We are very fortunate to be living in modern times where we can rely on technology and the minds of inventors to make life easy for us. Let us be honest: we are all really grateful to be able to use electric appliances and step away from the stone larders of old. Life is hard enough as it is without having to cook by candlelight and wash underwear in the sink. So, we hail science and all it involves, grateful for the genius minds behind washer-dryer combos and sweet, sweet dishwashers.
Life needs to be tidy and organized if any of us hope to be happy, so we need appliances to make that happen. Does it make us spoiled? Absolutely! And why not? The years have developed, and while we can appreciate the fact that there was a whole world of candlelight evenings and hand-washed socks, we no longer have to live that way in the first world. So, let us check out five appliances that make life worth living!
- HVAC: Oh, the joys of cold air in the summer and warm air in the winter. How fortunate are we to be able to switch luxuriously between the two! You may live in a warm country, so in the summer months when the heat ramps right up, that air conditioning is going to keep you comfortable. When the winter sets in, the heat keeps you toasty. It is exciting to be able to invest in a unit like that.
- Washer/Dryers: Hands no longer need to be sore from rinsing out stains in the sink with scrubbing brushes. We have graduated to LED-screen washer dryers that we can time to come on when we ask them to start. We can also keep our clothes dry without the house smelling damp. Are we lucky? Oh, yes!
- Dishwashers: The Holy Grail of appliances, the dishwasher saves so much time. Scrape the plates, stack them in, and switch it on — clean dishes. You always need to ensure, as with any appliance, that you know where to get parts to fix a Kitchenaid dishwasher, but that is also a job for the professionals. Either way, you no longer need your Marigolds for dishwashing.
- Refrigerator: We mentioned a stone larder to keep the food cool earlier. Well, not you can get refrigerators in all shapes and sizes, and all intelligence. Link your Amazon Echo to your fridge, and you can get a shopping list ready — it is easy and it is exciting!
- Microwave: In just five minutes you can blast food, and it will cook. It may not always be the method of choice for cooking, but it is sure convenient. You can cook most things in a microwave and save yourself some time when you are in a hurry — it is a luxury we all need!
The fact we are fortunate enough to need these appliances is a blessing, not a curse. Let your credit card invest in the right ones for your kitchen, and you will never need anything else to make life feel effortless.