No matter the situation, no matter the type of medical facility a doctor offers, during the COVID-19 pandemic, he/she is likely to have a mixture of feelings such as helplessness, panic, guilt, among others. So they need to take special care of their wellbeing. There are specific tips that can take care of their health and wellness.
Sarahbeth Hartlage – Wellness Tips for Doctors
To fight this challenging time, doctors need to take excellent precautions to stay in the pink of health. They need to give proper care to their patients during crisis times. Some of these vital tips include,
- Wash Hands Carefully –Any healthcare provider, for that matter, should be meticulous regarding wearing the right protection and also carrying out the proper hygiene. First and foremost, they should not touch their face and use a hand sanitizer at frequent intervals. This way, they will not fall sick and also keep everyone around them safe and healthy. However, this by no means indicates that the doctor visits the garage and sprays himself with disinfectant. They do not need to do this. Here the key is to practice good hand hygiene. Before leaving work or immediately after reaching home, the doctor must carefully wash his hands or use hand sanitizer gels.
- Wear Head Shield and PPE Kits – The doctor and his staff need to wear the necessary PPE (personal protective equipment) always while at work. Visitors and patients in the hospital must wear a face mask while reaching the doctor’s clinic and wear it all through the visit duration.
- Nutritious Food – To take proper care of patients during this pandemic, doctors themselves need to be healthy, says SarahbethHartlage. They should load up on lean proteins, healthy fats, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Most importantly, they should increase their intake of vitamin C and other foods to boost immunity.
- Adequate Sleep – Stress plays a pivotal part in mental, especially during the on-going COVID-outbreak. With all things changing, doctors need to be adaptive. Here sleep plays a crucial role. Doctors need to have a sound sleep of about 6-8 hours. You should also do proper exercise.
- Exercise – Exercise plays a vital role in managing stress and keeps the mind clear. It need not be something intense. It can be a stretch out session, jog, walk, or anything that engages the body. Gentle exercise will be helpful when the body and mind are stressed. The doctor will give their mind a break and open up a part of it via concentrating on their body. They should take every day as a new beginning in this regard. A doctor need not aim to get super fit. It is all about balance and wellbeing.
These are some of the tips, among others, that doctors need to follow to stay healthy so that they can keep their patients fit and healthy. The physicians’ wellness thus plays a crucial role.