In a world where there are approximately 8 billion faces, recognizing each identity is a tiresome task. All the governments and companies have recognized that identity documents will be adopted for this evidence. An identity document is a document or a record that can have a complete name, DOB, nationality and residential data. It is authorized by a government-approved authority when a resident reaches a particular age ( eighteen or sixteen).
Issuance and expiry data is also a vital need of an identity document, particularly, the validity lies between seven and ten years. The validity time relies on which nation has approved this. It has a unique nation ID number. A few years back, the country was also attaching a facial image on an identity document which is now known as a photo identity document.
Listed subsequently are the kinds of identity documents:
Identity document card: it is a prime identity document, authorized to each resident by the government.
- Passport: It is similar to a global identity document that is adopted to recognize travellers or passengers also recognized as a travel document. It is authorized when an individual requests this. It is in the shape of a tiny booklet having several sheets for visa stamps.
- Driving License: it is an authorization letter that an individual can drive particular automobiles within the country’s borders. It is given after evaluating the driving skills and is in the sort of a card.
IDV through Documents:
As studied earlier, identity documents can validate the identification of a person. It is very vital in KYC, where users’ identity is considered as using it. They have to upload an image of the identity document to know your customer authentication system. Know your customer, individual identity and private data are verified. To reduce identity scams such as identity fraud and false identities, companies adopt identity document verification. All monetary services providers must know your customer on each new and present user. The law is set by global law enforcement agencies.
Listed below are the verification is done by knowing your customer system:
- Private data: private data like the entire name and name of the father is validated.
- Age: Companies need their user to come under a specific age limit. Due to this, the age is estimated using the present date and DOB. Then it is verified that it is with the age-specific set by the company or not.
- Address: Companies need to comprehend where their users reside. The residential data is examined and verified. E-commerce sectors and shipment companies require identity documents more significantly.
- Issuance and Expiry Date: For a company that authorizes private services like the banking sector. They authenticate the expiry date before processing huge payments. Also, the travel sector has to check the legitimacy of their driver’s license.
Knowing your customer also boosts legitimate clients to deal with more certainty since it is guarding their data. A company adopting know your customer services can have a heightened user journey and more comprehensive compliance with know your customer measures.
Near-field Communication – The Expectation of Identity Documents
NFC is a technological advancement that gives ease of touchless data transfer in a limited range. Presently, it was adopted in transaction industries for payments at the point of sale terminals. Now it is also adapted for mobile assets transfer.
Some regulatory authorities have included near-field communication in identity document cards and several other government agencies are planning to. This is because information can be extracted through near-field communication chips rather than machine-readable zones or OCR. Near-field communication heightens the safety of data extraction during document authentication. Uploading identity documents to platforms have several protection issues. If the platform is hacked or deceived by fraudsters, an individual’s private data will be jeopardised.
Now the information can be uploaded through NFC microchips utilizing smartphone devices. Businesses have included NFC scanners in almost all smartphone devices. Businesses have included NFC scanners in almost all smartphone devices. It ought to become simple for users to tap their identity document cards of NFC readers rather than uploading pictures. There are 21 billion NFC-influenced mechanisms, mainly smartphones.