Pests like rats, flies, cockroaches, spiders, and insects are a real menace to the house. Besides adding to your anxiety level, they also carry diseases. Employing pest control services is the only option to cut down the problem. However, you will have to adhere to a few dos and don’ts when undertaking pest control treatment. You will get a variety of services under pest control agencies, including termite control treatments, cockroach control, and bed bug control. However, you cannot put the entire responsibility on these professional pest control agencies. You must undertake your bit of duty both before and after the service. For example, before initiating the task, you must ensure that your furniture, clothing, food, and other valuables are stored properly. Again, when the treatment is complete, rearrange these to reduce the likelihood of re-infestation.
Your To-Do List before pest control
You have to prepare yourself and your family members before undertaking the treatment. These include handling the furniture and clothes, dining and kitchen area, pets, flower pots and painting, and much more.
Furniture and clothes
You must ensure that the clothes, toiletries, jewelry, children’s toys, and makeup get packed away. Apart from this, you have to take care of the following points:
- Remove the bedsheets, cushions, covers, mattresses, pillows, etc. and keep them away. If you do not have storage space, use poly bags.
- Cover the chairs, sofas, tables, and other furniture with plastic wrapping. Don’t use cloth sheets because they might allow chemicals to penetrate.
- For dealing with termites, the Team Veterans Pest Controlwill provide you best outcomes as they use the latest tools. It would help if you emptied the wooden furniture like wardrobes and other storage spaces before starting the process.
Dining area and kitchen
When starting with these areas, you have to keep away food items. If chemicals penetrate the edibles, it will damage your health. For ensuring proper handling, take the following points seriously:
- Clear the store and countertops of all the plates, cutlery, utensils, glasses, and cups. Remember that the kitchen cabinet will get sprayed because they attract maximum pests.
- Move away small kitchen appliances like mixer grinders, microwave oven, toasters, and other devices. Use plastic wrapping for proper protection.
- Do not cover the kitchen sinks because they will get sprayed too. Use a thick plastic container for storing food items or keep them away inside the refrigerator. If possible, you can also store chips and spices inside the fridge.
What to do with the pets?
Pets are sensitive to drugs and chemicals used for the treatment. If you can keep your pets with friends or neighbors, it will be the best option. However, if you do not have this alternative, follow the below-given points:
- Store the pet’s toys and bedding carefully.
- Get them the necessary treatment with the veteran.
- Use plastic bags for covering the aquarium and ensure that the fishes get adequate food during the process.
- Switch off the air pump of the aquarium. As it will suck the airborne drugs.
Along with this, you have to store your flower pots and paintings carefully. Try to cover these with plastic bags or plastic wrappings. Store the decorative items and flower pots in a safe place. You have to be cautious of these areas before undertaking the task.