Co-codamol is considered a strong pain killer that helps you relieve strong pains where normal painkillers won’t work. You will find this medication in three different strengths, and each one of them will contain 500mg of paracetamol.
Besides this, if you take co-codamol regularly, you can seamlessly reduce the number of other medicines you take. In addition, it has minimal side effects like nausea, constipation, or sleepiness. However, you can buy co-codamol from nearby pharmacies.
But before you take this medication, you must know that every medicine is not made up for all persons. That is why here is a list of people who should always consult a doctor before they consume co-codamol. It will ensure that the medicine is not mixed with other medications as it can deteriorate your health.
Before taking co-codamol, your doctor must know-
- That if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your child.
- Whether, you are suffering from any liver and kidney problem or are operated on for it.
- Sometimes people face difficulty passing urine, so if you suffer from the issue, let the doctor know.
- If you have any kind of breathing problems, asthma, or chronic issues.
- Blood pressure and abnormal heart rates are the most common issue among adults today. That is why consult your doctor before you take co-codamol.
- If you have thyroid or adrenal glands.
- If you have any gallbladder problems or are suffering from gallstones.
- In the past, if you have ever suffered from any kind of severe head injury, then let your consultant know about it.
- Today, people consume a high amount of drugs and alcohol. If you are one of them, tell your doctor before taking co-codamol, as it can result in side effects.
- If you have an inflammatory problem and suffering from constipation for more than 3 to 4 days, then ask before you take the medication as it can make it work.
- If you are allergic to any kind of medicine or ingredients.
- If you are already consuming some type of medication. Tell your doctors about your medical history and all the medication you have consumed or are consuming right now.
- When Will You Start Feeling Better After Taking Co-Codamol?
The results of co-codamol often show just after 5 to 10 minutes of dose. But it depends on the severity of your issue.
- Is It Safe To Consume Co-Codamol For a Longer Period?
It is recommended that you should not consume co-codamol for more than three days until your doctors prescribe you for more days.
If a person is going through any of the situations listed above, then make sure you consult your doctor and inform them about your condition. It will ensure you do not consume incorrect doses as it can lead to severe health issues.