Maui is a lovely island noted for its magnificent beaches, lush greenery, and friendly residents. It also has some of the world’s greatest whale viewing and snorkelling! If you are looking for an amazing vacation experience, then be sure to add whale watching and snorkelling in Maui to your list.
In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about these activities. We will also give you some tips on how to make the most of your experience. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
Whales are one of the most popular attractions in Maui. Every year, thousands of people come to the island to see these magnificent creatures. There are several different types of whales that you can see while on your vacation, including humpback whales, sperm whales, and pilot whales.
You may even be lucky enough to see a whale breach! If you want to get up close and personal with these animals, then we recommend going on a watching whale tour. These tours typically last between two and three hours, and they will take you out into the open ocean to find these incredible creatures.
Snorkelling is another activity that you cannot miss while on vacation in Maui. The island is home to some of the clearest waters in the world, making it the perfect place to go snorkelling. There are many different snorkelling spots that you can visit, and each one offers its own unique experience.
No matter where you snorkel, you are sure to see a variety of different fish and other marine life. If you want to make the most of your snorkelling experience, then we recommend going on a tour. These tours will take you to the best snorkelling spots on the island and provide you with all of the equipment that you need.
1. Choose the right time of year to visit Maui. The best time to see whales is between the months of December and April. This is when the humpback whales migrate to the Hawaiian Islands to mate and give birth. If you want to go whale watching and snorkeling Maui, then the best time to visit is between May and October.
2. Dress appropriately. When you are out on the open ocean, it is important to dress for the occasion. Wear a bathing suit or rash guard so that you can stay cool in the water. And be sure to apply sunscreen before you head out!
3. Bring your camera. You will want to take plenty of pictures while you are watching whales and snorkelling. Be sure to bring a waterproof camera so that you can capture all of the amazing underwater creatures.
4. Listen to your guide. When you are watching whales or on a snorkelling tour, be sure to listen to your guide. They will have tons of information about the animals and the best places to see them.
5. Don’t touch the animals. It is important to remember that these animals are wild and should not be touched. If an animal approaches you, do not try to pet it or swim away with it.
6. Be respectful of other tourists. Remember that there are likely other people on the tour with you. Be respectful of their space and do not try to take photos of them without their permission.
7. Have fun! Whale watching and snorkelling in Maui is an amazing experience. Be sure to relax and enjoy yourself!
We hope that this guide has given you everything you need to know about whale watching and snorkelling in Maui. These are two activities that you cannot miss while on vacation to the island. Be sure to dress appropriately, listen to your guide, and have fun!