The Blink security camera is an excellent option if you need a security camera that’s easy to install and highly effective. You can set up this camera in minutes, offering clear HD video quality. The Blink camera also comes with free cloud storage, allowing you to access your footage anywhere.
It helps you to keep an eye on your properties and deter burglars. Blink offers a variety of home security cameras, including the Blink XT2, that are easy to set up and use.
Things you need to install Blink Security Camera
1. Blink Sync Module
2. Blink Cameras
If you’re looking to set up a Blink Home Security Camera, you’ll need a few things. First, you’ll need the Blink Sync Module. This is the brain of the operation, which will connect your Blink Cameras to the internet. You’ll also need one or more Blink Cameras. Depending on your needs, these can be placed inside or outside your home.
Once you have all the hardware you need, setting up your Blink Home Security Camera is a breeze. You’ll need first to connect the Blink Sync Module to your router using an Ethernet cable. Once that’s done, you can sync your cameras to the module using the Blink app on your smartphone.
After that, it’s just a matter of placing them where you want them and ensuring they’re pointed in the right direction.
Steps to Set up Blink Cameras
To complete the blink setup process, you need to follow the steps below:
1. Install the Blink Home Monitor app
- Start by downloading the Blink Home Monitor app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Once the app is installed on your mobile device, open it and create an account.
- To add your Blink camera to the app, tap on the “+”. An icon in the top right corner and select “Add a System.”
- Enter your Blink system’s serial number, which is found on the back of the Blink Sync Module, and tap “Submit.”
- The app will now search for your Blink system. Once it has been found, tap on “Continue.”
- You will now be prompted to name your Blink system and choose a location for it—tap “Save” when you are finished.
- Once the app is installed, you can view live footage from your Blink security cameras and set up alerts and motion detection zones.
2. Place and sync your Blink cameras
Blink cameras are a great way to keep your home safe. Here are some tips on where to place and sync your Blink cameras.
- Place your Blink cameras in strategic locations around your home. You want to make sure that all entry points are covered.
- Sync your Blink cameras to your mobile or tablet device so you can view the live feed from anywhere.
- Keep an eye on the battery life of your Blink cameras, and make sure to charge them regularly.
3. Set up motion detection for Blink Camera
When it comes to home security, the vital thing you can do is set up motion detection. This will allow you to know if someone is on your property and can even help to deter burglars.
Here’s how to set up motion detection with your Blink home security camera.
- First, open the Blink app and sign in. Then, tap on the menu icon and select “Devices.”
- Find your Blink camera on the list and tap on it.
- Next, tap on “Motion Settings” and then toggle the “Motion Detection” switch to “On.” You can adjust the motion detector’s sensitivity by tapping on “Sensitivity” and sliding the slider to the left or right.
You’re now set up and can feel safe knowing your home is being monitored.
Troubleshooting connection issues
If you’re having trouble connecting your Blink home security camera, you can do these things to troubleshoot the issue.
- First, check to ensure the Blink app is up to date. If it’s not, update it and try again.
- Next, check your internet connection to ensure it’s working correctly. If everything looks good there, try restarting your router.
- Finally, if everything fails, it’s time to factory reset your Blink camera.
If you need any type of help related to the blink camera, you can also visit blinkforhome setup for a full step-by-step help guide from starting to the end.