No matter the type of content you create, it is essential to do it to the best of your ability. We all know, but great content can help build an audience. It can be the reason we return to a blog day in and day out.
Or that we support that new podcast that we found across their different social media sites.
But what makes your content pop? And how can you ensure that you get those readers and supporters hooked in?
There are a few key areas that you should include in all of your content.
- First, off you should have text; anything textbase should have the bulk of the information where possible.
- For visuals, you should consider photography, infographics, and videos.
- Podcasts, songs, and anything that people can listen to come under aural.
So What Makes Great Content?
There are a few things that will make your content stand out from the rest. Sometimes an article can feel very difficult to read, and certainly when it is not broken up by the visuals mentioned above. The visuals can also aid the story and help people get a more rounded view of what you’re talking about.
Some supporting links to podcasts or YouTube videos are also excellent. The information that you provide should be valuable, and it’s about creating something that looks good.
Looking specifically at image creation, here are some quick tips for you.
Capturing Perfect Images
We all know that sometimes you look at a photograph, and it does not quite do it for you. Something is missing. Either the edit is bad, the camera quality probably was not up to scratch, or you can tell that the image has been overly edited.
To capture the perfect image, you are going to have to put in some of the legwork. This means to find locations where you can shoot beautiful photos. Sometimes you will need to travel to those locations to make that happen.
During your travels, you are most likely going to be going by car. It is essential that you are incredibly careful when you are driving, and even more so if you are looking for specific shots.
The shots that come with the most risk and driving a sunset, sunrise, and the ones that involve snow and ice. Be aware of your surroundings and just know that if you do happen to get into an accident, it is highly advised that you speak with a personal injury attorney today.
Creating That Content
You should always be looking to link to other people’s content, and it is also helpful to make as much content of your own as possible. When you have an idea, it is essential to consider what kind of visuals you will need to help that story.
Most often, using your own photographs and videos is more impactful.
Although, you can find plenty of amazing photographs online, it is much better to use your own.
Here are some great tools to help you with editing and creating incredible images.
- Canva and PicMonkey are perfect for creating quick social media graphics; you can create a template and use it repeatedly.
- GarageBand, Audacity, and Buzzsprouts are great for creating your podcasts.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Blender, Lightworks, KineMaster, and Final Cut Pro X are perfect for video editing.
- And to help you with a year-long drip feed campaign, which can be very enticing for sponsored posts and collaborations, consider using MissingLettr.
Creating beautiful videos, images, and other content to support your text is essential. Take your time and plan in advance so that you can give value and create beautiful content.