After becoming a Mom, I stopped wearing makeup for two reasons: 1) I had zero time to apply it and 2) I love kissing and cuddling my son and would hate to get makeup all over him. This means that my skin has to look extra good since 99% of the time I am barefaced! Unfortunately, the lack of sleep over the last six months has caught up to me. In my opinion, my skin has been looking dull because of it. Thus, I was really excited to try a new brand of skincare to see if it could bring some life back into my face.
Exposed is a premium line of skin care products for people that want healthier skin. What makes Exposed stand out is that their products are FDA approved to help clear up your skin, but also pack in a lot of soothing natural ingredients while leaving out all the bad ingredients like sulfates and parabens.
Their motto is: clear and beautiful skin from the unification of science and nature. Exposed combines advanced acne fighting medicine with pure natural extracts to heal your skin gently. Included in a box is: Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne Treatment Serum, Clear Pore Serum, Derm-X Cloth, Clarifying Mask, and Microderm Scrub. They also have a Moisture Complex, Body Wash, and Probiotic Complex. The price points are perfect such a luxury skincare line!
Here are five skincare rules that Exposed recommends:
1) Change your pillow case every two days. It gets dirtier than you think and can cause more acne. When laundering, use a fragrance-free detergent and no fabric softener.
2) Drink plenty of water. Many people with great skin swear this is the secret. The rule is eight glasses per day.
3) Do not touch your face. This includes no picking, popping, or squeezing.
4) Sweat, then wash it off. Exercising a few times a week is great for your body and for your skin. The key is to take a shower as soon as possible after an activity.
5) Avoid sugars and dairy. It is confirmed — consuming too much sugar and dairy can make your acne worse! Numerous clinical trials found links between sugar, milk, and acne.
I learned a lot from Exposed! Like less is more. Using more product is not better. Actually, if you use too much product you will probably make your skin worse. Start off slowly using only a small amount of each product, especially the serums. Another thing I learned is to be gentle. Irritation makes acne worse. The harder you rub and the more you touch, squeeze, or poke; the more irritated your skin will get and that means more acne. Thus, be gentle with you skin at all times, especially when washing or applying products. What did I think about the products? I loved them! I thought the packaging, the textures, the smells, and the results were superb and I am definitely a fan now. I did not have any acne to clear up, but I definitely see that my skin is glowing more now and that is exactly what I wanted and needed.