As most of my readers know, my husband is from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Before we had our son, we tried to visit Lucas’ family at least twice a year. Now that Joaquín is here and we just bought a house, we simply cannot afford to make a visit there. It is also extremely challenging for my husband’s family to receive tourist visas. Thus, you can imagine how difficult it is for Lucas, since he has not seen most of his family — minus the moments we Skype — in over two years, as well as for the foreseeable future. Thankfully, last year his mom received a three month visa and was able to travel here after our son was born. When she left, we had to send her back with an entire year’s worth of presents, because we had no idea when we would see anyone again and due to the fact that anything we have tried to send in the mail over the last decade has either been lost, stolen, or disapproved by customs. We have completely given up on sending packages to his family!
It really broke our hearts that we could not send anything through the mail for important occasions and/or holidays, especially knowing that it could be a while before we can make the trip down south. So, after much thought we decided to find a way to send money overseas. Since we cannot be there in person for days like Mother’s Day, it is essential that in lieu of spending time with our loved ones that we find some way to show them that we are thinking of them and that they are in our hearts.
Enter Xoom, a PayPal service, which is an amazing tool to manage and move money quickly and safely. Xoom is an app that allows people to make international payments in more than forty countries. Guess who the number one recipient of payments on Xoom is? If you guessed moms, you would be correct!
Sending money abroad can be time-consuming, insecure, and expensive, however Xoom offers a secure, safe, and fast alternative. Xoom is the only remittances company that offers instant disbursements and you can select multiple ways for loved ones to receive money including: bank transfers, cash pick-up or delivery, bill pay, and mobile reload. It also provides an invaluable peace of mind, as you can track each payment via text message.
Are you still looking for the perfect gift for Mother’s Day? PayPal is offering the following deals or you can shop the PayPal Digital Gifts Store, so that your mom can pick out something she will be sure to love:
- 30% off at Pink Blush Maternity 4/24/16 – 5/8/16
- 35% off at Canvasworld 4/24/16 – 5/8/2016
- $35 off $65 at SuperJeweler 4/24/16 – 5/8/16
- $10 off $50 at Bits of Vintage 4/24/16 – 5/8/16
- 25% off plus free 2-day shipping at Land’s End 4/28/16 – 5/8/2016
- Buy one get one free any size jar or tumbler at Yankee Candle 4/28/16 – 5/8/2016
- Buy 3 get 3 free at BodyShop 4/28/2016 – 5/8/2016
- 20% off one item at Sur La Table 4/28/2016 – 5/8/2016
- 25% off Friends and Family Sale at Macy’s Online 4/29/2016 – 5/8/2016
- 2 deluxe samples and 2-day shipping with purchase of $35 at Kiehls 4/30/2016 – 5/8/2016
- 25% off at FTD.com
- 25% off plus free shipping on orders over $59 at Fragrancenet 4/30/2016 – 5/8/2016
- Extra 10% off Mother’s Day favorites plus free shipping when you order 5/5; 5/1/2016 – 5/8/2016
- $50 gift card for $40 at Overstock
- $50 gift card for $40 at Legal Sea Foods
- $50 gift card for $40 at bedandbreakfast.com
- $50 gift card for $40 at Jiffy Lube
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Sooo cute baby! Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing Andi.
I love you post. It’s so heartfelt. Your photos are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!