The pandemic has severely cut down on the movement of the people. Hence people are not able to resume their routine workout activities in fitness clubs or gyms. In this scenario, Ram Duriseti has some fantastic tips for the fitness buff to help them overcome the problem. You have to stay fit physically to ensure that your mind stays stable during the crisis. He clarifies that staying away from the gym does not mean that you cannot follow the workout routine at home. Lockdown is no excuse to elevate your current health issues, creating more stress.
Ram Duriseti suggests some tips for fitness motivation of mind and body
- A workout is something that needs an appropriate environment and necessary types of equipment for the best results. If you are starting a new workout routine, make sure that you take it slow. You have to work on your posture and form before delving into high-intensity exercises or high impact interval training. You have to see how your body reacts to the new routine; hence you plan accordingly.
- You should take your food two hours before the workout. Often trainers advise taking a banana or peanut butter around half an hour before the session to increase your energy levels. After the course, you must have protein-rich food within 45 minutes. It would not only make you physically fit but would also strengthen your mental abilities.
- Invest in activewear as you should wear something comfortable and desirable. Yoga pants, t-shirts, and shorts are ideal for a workout session. You should look and feel good to combat all kinds of stress during a pandemic.
- Directly starting the workout is not appropriate. You should warm-up both before and after the workout. To get into the rhythm of exercise, this is essential. You should stretch and loosen your muscles to prevent any injuries.
- It will help if you focus on strength training. Exercises such as jumping jacks, squats, lunges, and push-ups are examples of such tasks. These help to increase muscle mass and also maintain joint flexibility. The intensity of a workout depends on various issues like physical condition, age, habits, etc. So seeking the advice of a fitness expert for a customized training program is the right decision.
- Use any object at home as gym equipment is a great way to start the workout. Simple weight lifting exercises are quite helpful. You can use water bottles, towels, beds, couch, etc.as essential pieces of gym equipment.
- Some workouts, like dancing, yoga, aerobics, pilates, and zumba, need no equipment. They can be done anywhere in the house where there is sufficient space. Also, good music can help to keep the concentration level high. It would also soothe your mind. Thus exercising with music is beneficial for both mind and body.
- A proper diet to complement your workout is essential for a healthy life. Your intake of protein, carbohydrates, calcium, and different minerals should be adequate. You must avoid excessive fats and junk food to stay healthy.
Workout can be effective only when you have a relaxed mind and body. Stress is one of the biggest reasons for failure to get the desired results from your workout. Hence calm your mind and cheer yourself to drive away all kinds of fear that hinder your mental and physical well-being.