Concealer is a makeup staple for every sort of makeup look. Whether you are someone who prefers natural or dewy makeup or someone who adores a dramatic look, concealer is the foundational product. From dark under eyes to a blemish here and there, your concealer is your best friend.
Some people even use only a concealer and entirely skip the foundation. However, some people are scared of using concealer, because they are afraid they might end up with an ashy look. Well, worry not, because we have compiled our top tips for adequately applying hide concealer.
Choosing The Perfect Concealer
The primary rule you need to keep in mind when selecting the concealer or yourself is to choose one with a yellow base and preferably a shade or two lighter than your actual skin tone. Beware that you do not go too light or else you will end up with an ashy look. It is best to keep different shades in case you are someone who tans.
How To Properly Apply Concealer
So, the key to applying concealer is that you gradually build up the coverage. You start with sheer layers first and then slowly build up with more to for the kind of coverage you want. You can apply it using a brush, a sponge, or even just your fingers.
With a brush, you will get a thicker finish, and the chances of it looking streaky are high. With your fingers and the sponge, the product is evenly dispersed. The choice is dependent on what kind of coverage you prefer.
Steps To Applying Concealer Perfectly
Here are the steps to follow if you want to apply your concealer perfectly:
- Apply dots of concealer evenly across under your eyes. Make sure that there is a dot of concealer close to your inner corner as well. Then blend out with your tool of choice to achieve a bright and covered-up look.
- Now, the first move is to just tap in the concealer instead of rubbing it. Then blend well using your tool. If you are using your hands, we find that the middle finger is the most gentle of all and will give you an evenly distributed finish.
- You can then put it across the areas on your face that you think require that kind of coverage. These areas can include discoloration, pigmentation, pimples, and so on.
- Now, you can build up on the initial layer as you like. Keep on adding and blending till you get your desired amount of coverage which is evenly dispersed.
- The last step is to dust it off with translucent setting powder that locks it all in place. Place the powder using a fluffy brush to make sure the product is evenly distributed.
Tip For Covering Up Dark Circles
When you are dealing with dark under eyes, applying the concealer directly onto the skin isn’t the best idea. Instead, opt for orange or red-based color correctors. These will help to cancel out the darkness under your eyes.
You can then put on your concealer as you want to cover up and erase those dark circles completely. Remember to dust off with a setting powder to maintain that concealed look.
Tip For Covering Up Pimples
We recommend that you protect the pimple instead of putting on layers of makeup on it. The best route to take is to use a plastic bandage on your pimple first and then put on concealer and powder to hide the blemish.
We hope that our guide helped guide you to utilize different tips and tricks to perfectly apply concealer. Remember, practice makes perfect, so do not be sad if it does not turn out good on the first try. Good luck!