When I was sixteen years old, I unfortunately battled some serious health issues. When Western Medicine failed to help, my mom convinced me to turn to Holistic Medicine. I thought she was crazy at the time, however I am not exaggerating when I say, “she saved my life.” I will forever be grateful that she introduced me to so many different and amazing ways of healing. Something that was new to me was Ayurvedic Medicine; an extraordinary medicine that originates from ancient India.
One of the best places in the world to experience the healing powers of Ayurvedic Medicine outside of India, is in Carlsbad, California. Located there is The Chopra Center, which was founded in 1996 by Deepak Chopra, M.D. and David Simon, M.D. The center serves as a place where people can come to heal their physical pain, find emotional freedom, empower themselves, and connect to their inner spiritual life.
My Mom took me there while I was sick and not only did it heal me in many ways, it also inspired me to pursue a career as an Acupuncturist. The following is a photo of me, my mother (on the far right), and another mother/daughter couple we met on that trip. I left that experience a huge Chopra fan!
Recently, The Chopra Center launched a brand new line of skin-care called the Pryaderm Renewal System, which is featured in their online store. This all-natural line includes five products formulated with rejuvenating Ayurvedic herbs specifically selected for their anti-aging benefits. I was sent the line and after a couple of uses was hooked. Obviously, it is impossible to tell if the anti-aging benefits have worked just yet, nevertheless I love the smell of the products and they leave my skin feeling silky smooth. I find that I do not even need to wear any makeup!
Here is even more information about the Pryaderm Renewal System:
PryaDerm Rejuvenating Cleansing Mousse
- Cleanse and soothe your skin with this delightful mousse containing the Ayurvedic herbs amla, haritake, and bibitake, which have been cherished for centuries for their rejuvenating properties, as well as organic aloe, which provides your skin with antioxidants and additional hydration.
PryaDerm Brightening Day Lotion
- Cultivate a smooth, glowing complexion with this refreshing Ayurvedic lotion containing saffron, a special ingredient that have been used since ancient times to brighten and purify the skin. This lotion has an organic aloe base that can help your skin stay hydrated and firm even in dry climates.
PryaDerm Rejuvenating Night Creme
- At night your skin renews itself as you enter the deep rest of sleep. Rejuvenating Night Cream will help accelerate the benefits of deep rest with Ayurvedic herbs that promote rejuvenation and regeneration such as Amla, Haritake, and Turmeric.
PryaDerm Hand Salve
- Keep your hands soft and supple with a soothing Ayurvedic salve containing a blend of flower essences, herbs, and plant extracts that will tantalize your senses as they nourish your skin.
PryaDerm Rejuvenating Facial Mist
- PryaDerm Facial Mist is made with organic aloe and contains botanical extracts, including Salvia officinalis, which has antiseptic and astringent properties, helping blood circulation to the surface of the skin giving you a healthy glow. You can use PryaDerm Facial Mist as a mid-day refresher on top of your makeup or as a toner underneath your moisturizer as part of your daily skin regimen.